C#2-C#5-F#5
    3 octaves, 2 notes and 1 semitone
    Supported range: F#2-F#4-C#5

Away with the fairies Southern Kross's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sp

The findings have been treated with scepticism by Professor David Spiegelhalter of Cambridge University's Statistical Laboratory: "They've got IE6 users with an IQ of around eighty. That's borderline deficient, marginally able to cope with the adult world.

Umm, I'm pretty sure that's fairly accurate.

But seriously, generally I don't blame people for using IE (they don't know how frickin difficult it is to design websites for) - not everyone is technologically minded. Its just like how some people don't understand cars and others say they're stupid for buying what are deemed to be inferior makes.
    INFP 4w5 so/sp

I've dreamt in my life dreams that have stayed with me ever after, and changed my ideas;
    they've gone through and through me, like wine through water, and altered the colour of my mind.

- Emily Bronte

A window to the soul

There is no IQ correlation.

But okay! You might actually be Bill Gates and developed applications exclusively for IE because that's what your user base has installed within your corporation. Not to mention Microsoft has finally stepped up their game and, so much so, that IE 8 runs better than the competition on Windows 7: it's stable, significantly faster, has 3-new privacy features, improved anti-phishing filter, etc.

For anyone interested in the heavy hitters and who's boss, http://www.netmarketshare.com/browse...id=1&sample=32
    As you can see IE kicks ass!

Microsoft bashers like to claim that the Internet Explorer market share is what it is because the browser is automatically included with the Windows operating system. The fact is, there isn't a one-to-one relationship between Windows and Internet Explorer despite the inclusion of the browser with the operating system in the United States. In Europe, Window's users are given a choice between a dozen different browsers they can install (included w/Windows); therefore, the success of IE in Europe isn't linked to the Window's operating system. That's contrary to what some of my fellow Americans assumed about people not bothering to install another brower because they're running Windows where it's 'always' pre-installed. That's simply not true.

A window to the soul

Yes, Bing sux.

[Microsoft has the highest IQ, :p and isn't perfect.:/]

MBTI
    ENFJ

I use Camino. I got it under the impression that it was Firefox for Mac, but you can get Firefox for Mac, so... :/

Anyway, has anyone figured out how to get RSS on Camino? I was so surprised it was mentioned at all. I thought I was the only one in the world who used it, because nobody I know has ever heard of it except my dad.
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE

I use chrome, opera and firefox... Does that give me a combined IQ of >320?

Mightier than the tread of marching armies is the power of an idea whose time has come

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by Sanctus Iacobus View Post
    Although I think the results are accurate, the conclusions are not because IE is the default browser. I believe this is only because people with a higher IQ (and supposedly are more intelligent) are more adept at using tools like their computer, which allows them the freedom and desire to develop a personal taste for alternative methods of use. In other words, if you can learn and understand how to use a computer, you're able to try out another, "better" browser. That doesn't mean using IE makes you dumber, it means you didn't change your browser.

But again, the conclusions here are false because IE is the default browser for the majority of PCs. So by default, the most common browser would be correlated with the mean IQ of 100. Then, when you consider everyone who is unable to change their browser, the IQ will drop below 100. This is not a balanced comparison... to make the conclusions they've made, they'd have to give people an objective choice of the 3 at a single point in time, and even that would be sketchy because the majority knows and is comfortable using IE.
    This.

/uses Chrome as primary and Firefox as secondary
    I have a (new) blog here.

You should do these: JohariNohari

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    2w3

I know a few really intelligent people who use IE. I don't understand why anyone would want to use it- but I guess everyone has their preferences. I use Firefox and Chrome. I used to just use Firefox, but for some reason it's really laggy on my new laptop, and Chrome works great, so it has became my new primary browser.

Also, I set up a neighbors new laptop a couple days ago, and it came with both IE and Chrome pre-installed.

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

I use internet explorer because I am too lazy to mess about with any other browser, IE works fine, does all it needs to do and more. Although on slow or crap PC's like some we got at work I've installed google chrome because that browser is much faster (especially with use of google maps, which is used a lot at our company). On my own PC speed difference in browsers is neglectable though, they're all fast.

Reasons not to use IE depends on your PC and your ability to keep your PC crap free.
    IE is not a super fast browser, if you have a slow PC, there will be notable difference in using IE or other faster browsers. And obviously most adaware/malware creators focus on IE exploits as IE is the largest user market and therefor offers the biggest target for crapware.

But if you got a fast PC and the neccesary knowledge about the inner workings of windows, malware/spyware and know the proper anti malware programs, then IE works as good as any other browser. (most anti malware programs are malware themselves. Tricky bastards huh? )
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

MBTI
    INTP

I use Chrome, though sometimes it drives me nuts. I like the fact that I can type things into the address bar to google them, for one thing. I hate Firefox and IE. I have never tried Opera, because I had only heard people talk about it when referring to mobile devices (same with Safari). I didn't realize it was a regular browser, as well. Never heard of Camino.
    Something Witty