Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Default The Hominid Thread

is anyone else interested in human evolution and early hominid species? personally I find them fascinating
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

MBTI
    INTP

^^^ I am.
    Below is prolly the biggest news in that area of study for quite some time.

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases...0718085329.htm

The Neanderthal sequence was present in peoples across all continents, except for sub-Saharan Africa, and including Australia.

"There is little doubt that this haplotype is present because of mating with our ancestors and Neanderthals. This is a very nice result, and further analysis may help determine more details," says Dr. Nick Patterson, of the Broad Institute of MIT and Harvard University, a major researcher in human ancestry who was not involved in this study.
    "The only real valuable thing is intuition." Albert Einstein
    "My mind seems to have become a kind of machine for grinding general laws out of large collections of facts." Charles Darwin

ThatGirl

I am fascinated by it. I am even more fascinated by how much people think they have "evolved".

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by OrionzRevenge View Post
    ^^^ I am.
    Below is prolly the biggest news in that area of study for quite some time.

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases...0718085329.htm
    yes, along with this
    http://rokus01.wordpress.com/2010/03...ogenetic-tree/
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

Jesus the hominid

Yes, I am fascinated because Jesus was a hominid. Yes, Jesus was a hominid of the species homo sapiens.

But did Jesus die for his own species of hominid or did he die for all the species of hominid?

And if Jesus did die for all hominids, why didn't he mention them by name?

And going deeper, did God reveal himself in the Bible just to us, or to all hominids? And why does the Bible say not a word about all the other species of hominid?

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post

And going deeper, did God reveal himself in the Bible just to us, or to all hominids? And why does the Bible say not a word about all the other species of hominid?
    Yes, that is quite the puzzle is it not?

On the one hand we have men writing down words starting 3400 years ago that they affirm to us were divinely dictated. (and yet, many of the themes resemble older mythologies such as the Assyrian stories of Gilgamesh)

And on the other hand (Starting with Leonardo Da Vinci) we have 500 years of scientific thought and analysis of physical evidence that stands in contradiction to that ancient collection of written words.

Hmmmm?

The possibility that just jumps right out at ya is that...well, maybe
    Just maybe
    Those writers of old didn't have a pipeline to Omnipotent Knowledge.
    I mean, we have to consider the possibility don't we?
    "My mind seems to have become a kind of machine for grinding general laws out of large collections of facts." Charles Darwin

MBTI
    STP

I also find evolution fascinating in the sense that it is a falsifiable notion which we continue to perpetuate. The evidence the theory stemmed from has all been debunked, and now it continues on loose ends. Of these loose ends, none amount to a level of evidence typically needed to create a theory of anything.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Sanctus Iacobus View Post
    I also find evolution fascinating in the sense that it is a falsifiable notion which we continue to perpetuate. The evidence the theory stemmed from has all been debunked, and now it continues on loose ends. Of these loose ends, none amount to a level of evidence typically needed to create a theory of anything.
    Gee, I'm sorry. I thought this was the Science/Technology Sub-Forum. I mean, had I known this was the UFO, 9/11 Truthers, Sasquatch, Mythologies Sub-Forum I would never have attempted to derail the musings thereof.

I 'spose we should just simply disregard the thousands of people with a decade of higher learning and the millions of man-hours of careful scientific analysis and tedious measurement in favor of a handful guys with a BA in religious studies.

'course, we can't ignore the millions of Dinosaur Bones unearthed all over the planet. so we'll have to agree that humans were able to cobble together Civilizations, Temples, Pyramids, and even a handful of guys built a ship that measured: 135 meters long (300 cubits), 22.5 meters wide (50 cubits), and 13.5 meters high (30 cubits). That's 450 feet long, 75 feet wide, and 45 feet high ---- While dodging T.Rexes and V. Raptors

And we'll have to accept that while the writers of old were waxing fondly, as to how "the Lion laid down with the Lamb", they never once thought to write: "OBTW Joe was eaten by a T.Rex last week...I sure hope they miss the boat."

And we'll have to learn to accept the IDer's Irreducible Complexity 'Truth' about such things as the Eye.

Even though science is constantly telling us how reducible these things are over the course of time.

Scientific American July 2011
    Biologists have recently made significant advances in tracing the origin of the eye—by studying how it forms in developing embryos and by comparing eye structure and genes across species to reconstruct when key traits arose. The results indicate that our kind of eye—the type common across vertebrates—took shape in less than 100 million years, evolving from a simple light sensor for circadian (daily) and seasonal rhythms around 600 million years ago to an optically and neurologically sophisticated organ by 500 million years ago.
    The pineal gland modulates circadian rhythms, and in non-mammalian vertebrates it contains photoreceptor cells that connect directly to output neurons.
    And we'll have to overlook the fact that the construction of the vertebrate eye dose appear to be an Ad Lib effort without any Intelligence demonstrated in the Design.

Fact is: The Retina of our eye is built Ass-Backwards.

>>The Rod & Cone Photoreceptors are in the rear away from the lens.
    >>Then you have the nerve connections above that obstructing the light path
    >>Then you have these nerves gathering in bundles and you have blood vessels obstructing the light path even worse
    >>THEN the Intelligent Designer had to drill a hole for these Nerve Bundles and Blood Vessels to exit the inside of the Retina.

I guess the IDer was smoking Dope that day.

Your next visit to the Doctor, ask him/her to let you look in their eye with the Ophthalmoscope and you can see for yourself what happens when the IDer has a Bad hair day.

View of Retina Through an Ophthalmoscope

That Hole that the IDer had to drill in the eye is now a blind-spot. And you can prove to yourself that it is there with a neat little experiment.

Shut your right eye and look at the "O" with your left eye while noting the "X" in the corner of your vision.

Move your head closer and further from the screen and you will find the blind-spot where the "X" disappears. (About 2 feet away from screen)

.............X............................... O

Now look at the "X" with your right eye (left eye closed) while noting the "O" in the corner of your vision.

Also while looking up into a blue sky note the hundreds of little fireflies that dart zig-zag across your vision. This is actually red blood cells navigating the tiny blood vessels in front of your rod & cone photo receptors.

Interestingly, the Octopus Eye is made correctly with the rods & cones in front near the lens and evolutionist try to tell us that it is just happenstance because evolution is mindlessly making tweaks that improve a species chances to survive.

But we know Better.
    We know that Octopi are God's Chosen People.
    And he made them in his image.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    Booo

Don't dis Sasquatch man, 'specially in a Hominid thread!
    Act your age not your enneagram number.

Quinlan's Creations

MBTI
    INTP

^^^Hey, I'm not trying to be Messn' with Sasquatch.