User Tag List

First 123 Last

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
    Oh, mine is nuts, only she likes people. She'll chew on your if you touch her in the right spot, and at night she sometimes freaks out and bounces off the walls.
    Hmm... my cat has been shot... twice... with a bb gun. It ran away and lived off fishing at the docks - fish that were bigger than her! She almost died once because she jumped off a 40ft building onto a greenhouse - which shattered the glass and trapped her inside it. The cat use to climb up our clothes when we walked by her. Skin was acceptable if we had shorts/tshirt on. She use to attack dogs, and when they became too big for her, she'd hide under something and wait for them to try to leave and pounce on their backs. The best was when she use to come up, curl up for 2 minutes, purring the whole time... then rip out the claws and attack you - all out too. She tought she could take you down, so she's often go for your neck or face.

I still remember all the dead birds in the house... and I remember her losing a fight with a rat that ripped her up. Twice. She seemed to learn not to do it again after that.

She eventually ran away and never came back. Last we heard, she was at the docks.

My family has had the strangest pets ever... but that kitty takes the cake. None of the snakes, spiders, snails, fish, birds or dogs had as much personality.

MBTI
    Ape

Schnuggling is good. Science says so. But we all knew that anyway!

It's one of those things that scientists get paid shed loads to investigate.....
    Wyrd is a concept in Anglo-Saxon and Nordic culture roughly corresponding to fate. It is ancestral to Modern English weird, which has acquired a very different meaning.

MBTI
    INFJ

Ptgatsby, that was/is an exceptional cat.

The strangest cat I had was a black cat named Friday. He showed up at our apt. one Friday, and we took him in. He had polydactyl feet- no kidding, thirteen toes on his front paws. He would open doors, change tv channels, and talked non stop.

My cats now are Ben and Iris. Ben is the only fat cat I've ever owned, and the only one that ever woke me up in the middle of the night to feed him. He's a big cat anyway, and with the extra weight, he must be about 15-17lbs. He's not into snuggling; which is unfortunate, because his fur is somewhat long and feels like mink.

My nieces and nephews are pestering me. They want to get on MySpace. More later.
    Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
    -- Unknown

MBTI
    ENfP
    Enneagram
    8w9 sx/sp

I hate being touched by other humans, unless I'm patted on the head...and even that makes me insecure. I'm only okay with animals touching me. I have a thing for petting horsies' noses....so soft :3 but otherwise horses are pretty boring.
    sparkly sparkly rainbow excretions

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    holy shit am I a feeler?
    if you like my avatar, it's because i took it myself! : D

MBTI
    ISFJ

Quote Originally Posted by logan235711 View Post
    cool, do you pet the parrot in your picture? : )
    Yes, I do. She likes to be cradled by her belly in one hand against my side and get a head scratch. She'll nibble my fingers while I'm at it.

Quote Originally Posted by niffer View Post
    I hate being touched by other humans, unless I'm patted on the head...and even that makes me insecure. I'm only okay with animals touching me. I have a thing for petting horsies' noses....so soft :3 but otherwise horses are pretty boring.
    Ew, watch out for the noses. Last time I did that to a horse, it sneezed in my hand. I never knew a nose could have that much snot in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lookin4theBestNU View Post
    The thread title was very misleading . I suppose I should have looked at the subforum it was in .

Shoo, go back to the gutter where you came from....

Last edited by MacGuffin; 05-12-2007 at 08:10 PM. Reason: merged posts

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

I've read that petting an animal can lower your blood pressure. I imagine it's because of that social feedback the article talked about, which I think is pretty fundamental to mammals. Even the intraverted ones.

only bites when provoked
    MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by niffer View Post
    I hate being touched by other humans, unless I'm patted on the head...and even that makes me insecure.
    That's very unusual for an extrovert. Usually they love human contact...

I like it only with a select few, and only rarely.

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
    That's very unusual for an extrovert. Usually they love human contact...

I like it only with a select few, and only rarely.
    From what I know, physical touch is very much determined by attachment style... though the E part still applies (but that has to do with personal space, in that I's need it more).

I can't remember where I read this and I can't find it now so I can't confirm this, but I believe most of the touchy feely stuff has to do with the intimacy and the way we learnt to connect to others.

As a secure-secure type, I crave touching a whole hell of a lot, despite being a really strong introvert. The only difference is that they can't be strangers, though judging from how much I like massages anyway, even that is topical.

MBTI
    ENfP
    Enneagram
    8w9 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by ptgatsby View Post
    From what I know, physical touch is very much determined by attachment style... though the E part still applies (but that has to do with personal space, in that I's need it more).

I can't remember where I read this and I can't find it now so I can't confirm this, but I believe most of the touchy feely stuff has to do with the intimacy and the way we learnt to connect to others.

As a secure-secure type, I crave touching a whole hell of a lot, despite being a really strong introvert. The only difference is that they can't be strangers, though judging from how much I like massages anyway, even that is topical.
    As a little girl, I didn't connect very well with my mother, who's always hugged and touched me a lot. I got along more with my father, who only hugged me when I needed it. Subsequently, I can only tolerate males hugging me. And I never initiate the hug with females. Sometimes, though, if my love for a female friend overflows and I cannot think of any other way to show it, I will initiate a hug.
    sparkly sparkly rainbow excretions

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    holy shit am I a feeler?
    if you like my avatar, it's because i took it myself! : D

MBTI
    ENFj
    Enneagram
    2w3

Shoo, go back to the gutter where you came from....
    (Gutter)_________ (I sure hope Mike Rowe is waiting there for me *sniffles*)
    "At points of clarity, I realize that my life on earth is meaningless, and that I am merely a pawn in a bigger game. A game I cannot possibly understand or have control of. Thankfully, before depression sets in, I drift back into my cloudy, bewildered daily routine." **Joel Patrick Warneke**