• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

what type of phone do you use?

what type of phone do you use?

• Total voters

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I work sales in the cell phone industry and see a ton of cell phones over the course of an average day... it seems almost like I see a disproportionate number of smart phones compared to what I would have thought :thinking:

out of curiosity, I was just wondering what types of phones people on here use?

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
i have an env touch. no smart phone for me but i feel like everyone else in the world has one

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
seriously... I got my first smart phone at the end of October... before that I was still using my Razr :laugh:

it seems like at least 2 out of 3 people I talk to have smart phones :shock:

Patches

Klingon Warrior Princess
Straight out of 2004. And proud of it.

30547546-2-440-overview-1.gif

God I hate phones.

Southern Kross

Away with the fairies
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
A blackberry that I got for work.

I would never buy one for myself. They're vastly overrated IMO

mrcockburn

Aquaria
MBTI Type
¥¤
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
iPhone and Blackberry, don't ask...

Hey, AT&T? You and all your call-dropping sucks hairy ass crack.

Xenon

(blankpages)
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
I recently got an iphone after holding out for a long time on the whole cell phone thing. I never thought I had much use for it (it's not like I'm out all the time and have tons of people trying to get in touch with me), but nowadays people think it's strange not to have a cell phone. It was a hand-me-down from my younger brother (does that make it a 'hand-me-up'?). It's neat to have a little mini-computer though.

esidebill

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
I actually have an iPhone because it... hold on I have a useless game to play.

Kriash

Resident Apple Hoarder
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
2w3
I had a blackberry pearl, and I liked it a lot, but it was stolen last year. Since then I've had a sidekick slide that I got for free because a friend dropped it in the toilet and couldn't get it to work, and told me if I could make it work, I could have it...Pretty gross, but I needed a phone.

kelric

Feline Member
MBTI Type
INtP
I've got a Nexus One. I rarely use it as a phone -- frankly it's more of a "web browser while I'm waiting for the train" kind of thing. So on the smartphone bit, I guess I'm one of those people who really doesn't have much use for a cell phone, but the portable internet, kindle app, etc. are nice. Mostly I got it because AT&T was raising my landline price (again) and it got to the point where a cell/data plan was only a little bit more, so I went ahead and cancelled the landline and got my first cell phone last summer :D.

citizen cane

ornery ornithologist
MBTI Type
BIRD
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
I have an iPhone. It's quite nice and with the exception of chatrooms, can do virtually everything that I use computers for.

sui generis

don't fence me in
MBTI Type
esTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think I'm the last person in the world to not have a smart phone. I have a "regular" phone, a Nokia something-or-other that can text and surf the web if I want it to, but I rarely use the Internet. I don't figure I need a smart phone- I don't need to access the internet every minute of every day.

Southern Kross

Away with the fairies
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I think I'm the last person in the world to not have a smart phone. I have a "regular" phone, a Nokia something-or-other that can text and surf the web if I want it to, but I rarely use the Internet. I don't figure I need a smart phone- I don't need to access the internet every minute of every day.
You would be right. They try and sell you on those little keyboards and bigger screens making it easier to go online and simply it doesn't. I can't be bothered trying to deal with it and will just wait until I get home.

sui generis

don't fence me in
MBTI Type
esTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You would be right. They try and sell you on those little keyboards and bigger screens making it easier to go online and simply it doesn't. I can't be bothered trying to deal with it and will just wait until I get home.

:hifive: This. I don't need to watch a video on some tiny screen. I'll wait til I get home. :shrug:

Though I do think the little keyboards are cute. :laugh: But I'm so used to texting on the numberpad!

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
2760.jpg

i prefer this over some smart phone.

dunno what this no data/first data thing means, so cant vote

Red Herring

Superwoman
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It's a Palm Pre.

pre1.jpg

The official excuse is that, as a freelancer, I have to be able to not only make and receive calls but also read and send e-mail anytime anywhere. So I use it both as a phone and for on the road internet access (to regularly check my mail, against boredom or to find schedules, opening hours, adresses, google maps and other stuff that is actually helpful when you are going somewhere)

Among friends and family you will find a mixture of stone age phones and posh iPhones with little in between.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I-phone. I got I-phoned by my INTJ though for efficiency purposes so I'm told, otherwise I'd never have gotten it. Still, I love it. Awesome user-friendliness and pretty buttons. In contrast, the phone it replaced was the cheapest nokia I could get my hands on like 6 months before that as I'd lost my old nokia of 10 years old (which caused my INTJ to cringe every time he saw it :devil:)

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
phone first data means that you can get on the internet on your phone, but it isn't a smart phone (mostly you can get on a few sites, check facebook and send e-mails... it's not all that fast and you don't have access to the entire internet, but you have the internet!) sorry... I forgot that I needed to explain that :blush:

and my excuse for having a smart phone is that I needed one for work because I have to pull up web pages and send e-mails out in the field all of the time... and the GPS is kind of useful too... especially for someone who occasionally misplaces thier car :unsure:

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I'm due for an upgrade in septemember and I'm either getting the Galaxy S 4g or G2X with google