• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

what type of phone do you use?

what type of phone do you use?

• Total voters

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
mine's always getting thrown in water by people and still works just fine... I actually got it in part for geocaching :ninja:

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I've already taken it apart once to see what makes it tick :nerd:

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
A lock on back with rubber lining, all holes covered by flaps and a gorilla glass touchscreen (which is becoming more common with all smart phones now!)... Still have no clue what the non hardware parts are though... I'm sales, not engineering! :laugh:

Bamboo

MBTI Type
XXFP
dammit whatever i was looking for some good ruggedized smartphones, i hate how they make them so delicate when just a little extra design can make them as solid as any other modern consumer electronics. trying to get that insurance $$$. who is your carrier?

i need a phone with buttons

keyboard?

how do people like swype for typing? any swype users?

Engineer

Dependable Skeleton
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
how do people like swype for typing? any swype users?

Basically T9 on a QWERTY-format keyboard. Really good for fast typing, especially if you have big hands like I do. Can be somewhat frustrating with the dictionary (when the hell would I ever mean to say "knorr" instead of "know"); another downside is that you kind of have to look at the screen while texting, which is something I didn't have to do with my old keypad, fliptop phone. But, overall a good technology.

raz

Let's make this showy!
MBTI Type
LoLz
I played with Swype accidentally today. It looked like lightning going across my keyboard, haha. It was annoying. I just want straight out typing.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Maybe I'm breaking away from INTP stereotype here, but I don't tend to keep up with the mobile phone industry at all.

My first mobile phone was when I was 19, and only because I needed one for work. A simple nokia model that lasted me several years. By chance, I decided to get an Samsung Galaxy S with android a year back, also mainly because of my work, since I could use internet at hand for work at times. So I now happen to have a relatively up to date phone. But if work had nothing to do with it, I wouldn't have a cell phone at all.

I personally don't like the idea of being reachable. I mean, I have to be for work and I accept that, but I'd rather not be to be honest.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
i decided to buy a smartphone today, got samsung galaxy s2(i9200) now :). cant wait till it charges the battery and i can start learning how it works

Lark

I have a sony ericson touch screen, its the second generation touch screen so has better power useage than the first, to be honest the pluses are that its got great internet - virtually the same as a laptop most of the time - and probably the best camera - it can take HD film - but it is not an android phone so you cant use the android market to buy apps which is a disadvantage (I couldnt get kindle for mobile when I have it for both laptop and the device itself).

Mae

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
5sp
LG 400G Net 10 prepaid. All it does it make calls and text. I have no love of cell phones.

DI_LG400_NT.jpg

G

Ginkgo

Custom-made headset reconstructed from toaster-oven and baby monitor. It can even listen in on HAM radios and police chatter. Once heard prepubescent children playing WoW on ventrillo.

Rail Tracer

Freaking Ratchet
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Didn't exactly care about what kind of cellphone I got. But since Verizon had that buy one and get another sale... and the person I knew was getting a droid... I was thinking what the hell might as well.

Sad thing is that it is expensive, and I really don't use everything that comes with it except mainly the navigation, texting, and phone calls.