• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

what type of phone do you use?

what type of phone do you use?

• Total voters

wolfy

awsm
Casio Exilim. Flip phone with phone first data. I don't use the internet on the phone but it has that function. I don't do much with my phone besides email, text and photo taking.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
phone first data means that you can get on the internet on your phone, but it isn't a smart phone (mostly you can get on a few sites, check facebook and send e-mails... it's not all that fast and you don't have access to the entire internet, but you have the internet!) sorry... I forgot that I needed to explain that :blush:

oh. well there is WAP on the phone, but WAP is so crappy that its not worth using it at all

N

NPcomplete

I have an LG xenon (which I was told counts as a smartphone) but I'm too stingy to pay for a data plan. The people I would most want to talk to or would most want to talk to me know of other ways to reach me and I like the "Oh really? I didn't check my email. How sad. Oh well, maybe another time." excuse (when I've obviously read my email).

Now my secret is out but it's ok. We should be raptured soon.

Habba

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Interesting that you decided to leave the largest smart phone producer out of the options...

I currently use two phones because of some operator contract things. I'm hoping I could get rid of one of them.

Here's my phone that I use for calling and receiving calls. It's Nokia 1110 from several years back.
81fae70ada5a54648f47ec5eb741d-orig.jpg

And here's my wonderbox called ZTE Blade (originally Android 2.1, but I updated it to 2.3)
zte-blade-small.jpg

ZTE Blade is the ideal phone for ISTJ. It was insanely cheap (99€, iPhone 4 16Gb costs 599€) and does everything any other smart phone can do. Well, it has poor CPU so not all games work really that well.

Oh... and I'm a game developer for smart phones by profession so there's lots of phones in my life, even though I bought my first smart phone just before the last christmas.

Patches

Klingon Warrior Princess
Man... Ive spent a grand total for like 15$ on purchasing actual cellphones for the last 8 years. If you can withstand the *horror* of not having the newest cell phone available, people sell old models on ebay for like 2$. I bought a box of that 2004 Samsung I use back in like 2006. I got 10 of them. Every time I break one (and it happens a lot actually), I just take in another from the box and have them switch everything over to it. I actually only have 1 left. Maybe when it breaks, I'll upgrade to a phone from 2010.

Fan.of.Devin

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
I only very recently acquired my first smartphone, prior to this I have only owned shitty feature phones.

I use the Net10 version of this:
http://www.gsmarena.com/lg_gw300-2918.php

It's pretty barebones, no GPS, no 3G, no WiFi, mediocre camera, but still a considerable overall upgrade for me.
Can't really go too wrong for $30, I figured.

ICUP

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I am probably the last human on earth that doesn't have a phone lol! I hate phones. I don't want to be called, and I don't want to call. :shrug:

Bamboo

MBTI Type
XXFP
i have an env touch. no smart phone for me but i feel like everyone else in the world has one

yep, me too. to both parts.

I want a smartphone mostly for the (improved) internet browsing: it would enhance my "wandering capabilities", allow me to quickly research items at the store, act as a gps, and allow me to access and sync with my calendar and email which i actually use for work and just general scheduling and could make those things even more useful to me.

also, i'd like a decent camera (optional, but nice) and a good way to browse photos on the phone. this is good for showing clients examples of past work i've done, before/after pictures, etc.

i don't care about multimedia, watching movies, games, blah blah blah.

I hate the contracts, and $30 bucks a month for a data plan from verizon (plus the cost of regular service), with all that bloatware crap they load onto the phone, makes me unhappy/reluctant to really upgrade, or do business with these guys. The HTC Droid Incredible 2 seems nice. Wish it had a physical keyboard.

raz

Let's make this showy!
MBTI Type
LoLz
I just switched from this:

htc-touch-pro-2-tmobile.jpg

HTC Touch Pro 2

to this beauty:

T-Mobile-G2x.jpg

T-Mobile LG G2x with Google

Truly magnificient 4G piece of work. Android is just beautiful switching from Windows Mobile 6.5.3.

Dual core 1000 mhz processor. 3D Graphics Engine. 8MP camera with flash/zoom. 1.3MP front camera for video chat. Comes with 9GB of storage. Adobe Flash support in browser. All the utility of a smart phone, calendar, browser, texting, email, gps, bluetooth, wifi, etc. I'm working on modding it right now to get it running more smoothly. Only real big quirk is the battery is an epic fail since it came out a month ago. A little modding of the software and proper battery cycling should fix it by tomorrow.

My Touch Pro 2 had everything except the front camera, fast as shit processor, 3d graphics, adobe flash support, 4g support, but now I feel like my little pocket PC has just been taking a new level.

Holy crap, that was post #2500.

KDude

I have a cheapo Sony Ericcson. No smartphone, but I'm thinking about it. I would rather not get an iPhone.. I'd just be tempted to buy another Mac (sold the last one). I don't know why my mind works that way, but it does.

slowriot

He who laughs
Enneagram
5w4
I have a grandma phone. I dont see any reason for me to buy a smart phone right now. Id only use a smartphone for checking mail, GPS and use app's for shopping. I run a pretty tight budget right now, so...

Nokia-2630-white-Handy-ohne-Branding-0.jpg

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
I have a work phone .. Nokia.

But for personal use, my moby broke in March 2010 and i still haven't replaced it. Someone offered me a phone recently but i declined. If i don't have it then i can't answer it. It's bad enough having to answer my work phone.

I don't see the point of purchasing a smart phone although the idea of apps sounds appealing but why on earth do i need to check my emails, websites, etc a million times a day to find out noone has sent me anything when i can do that when i get home from work.

To me it seems narcissistic .. oh, I may get something at some point, lol.

I'm also a cheap bastard :D

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I have a Motorola Defy that I use for work and personal use... I used to have a blackberry. I actually picked this one even though I could have any of our selection of cell phones for free because it fits easily into my pocket but still has a bigger screen than the i-phone, it's water resistant, dust proof and has a gorilla glass screen (and has survived me talking on it in the pouring rain AND getting dropped face first in a gravel parking lot!)... and it also has a flash camera. I use the GPS rather frequently as well as using the internet for work (yay for coverage maps!!!) and of course I lurk on this site all day long while I'm supposed to be productive :ninja:

motorola_defy_wet.jpg

esidebill

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
My phone's type is ESFP.

Sounds like a pain in the ass

I have a Motorola Defy that I use for work and personal use... I used to have a blackberry. I actually picked this one even though I could have any of our selection of cell phones for free because it fits easily into my pocket but still has a bigger screen than the i-phone, it's water resistant, dust proof and has a gorilla glass screen (and has survived me talking on it in the pouring rain AND getting dropped face first in a gravel parking lot!)... and it also has a flash camera. I use the GPS rather frequently as well as using the internet for work (yay for coverage maps!!!) and of course I lurk on this site all day long while I'm supposed to be productive :ninja:

motorola_defy_wet.jpg

Is that phone cut in half? >.>

Engineer

Dependable Skeleton
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I use an Otterboxed LG Optimus V Android.

Like this but without the unbelievably fruity background:
90802-large.jpg