• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

what type of phone do you use?

what type of phone do you use?

• Total voters
G

Ginkgo

alltel-hue-by-samsung-cell-phone.jpg

I pimped out mine by stripping the red thing off. Now it looks like a mysterious device only found on the black market for anyone with the courage and code to unlock the data stored within.

21%

You have a choice!
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Nokia E71 .. because I love QWERTY and need something that won't shatter when I drop it for the twentieth time :laugh:

Kierva

#KUWK
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The closest thing I have to a cell phone is an iPod Touch 3G.

Just need a cell phone and tape it onto the back of the iPod.

POOF it becomes an iPhone.

tinker683

Whackus Bonkus
MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Iphone 3GS and I absolutely love it. It is SO freaking useful for work. Being able to schedule appointments, send myself email reminders, look up phone numbers for businesses on the fly, and have my calender and contacts sync with my Outlook? HELL FUCKING YES!!! (Oh, and being able to listen to music in my car from it as well is a very nice perk :) )

I just got an iPad2 which compliments my iPhone. I'm slowly going paperless out in the field :devil:

ETA: Oh, and Google Maps. Having an onboard GPS with me at all times has saved my ass from getting lost out in the boonies more than a few times :yes:

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i have have had an iphone for the last few years (whenever it came out?) but want to get a blackberry and compliment it with an ipad - that way, you get the quick and fast Internet and can actually read it and can send messages and emails without having to type everything twice

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
HTC Wildfire.

I love the internet connection and GPS capabilities, hate the touchscreen.

T

ThatGirl

Droid, btw does anyone know if you can set up an out look email on one of those? I cant seem to figure it out.

Eckhart

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
???
I have some older smart phone, it is not that great compared to what you get now everywhere (back then it was one of the first smartphones I think). I don't really know though why I bought a smartphone back then, because I don't make much use of it at all, I should have gotten some cheap normal mobile phone.

Bamboo

MBTI Type
XXFP
Looking at the current selection of phones, I think I want a Droid. That is, the old one. I want a phone that is (gasp) nearly 2 years old. Looks like a solid little phone.

The Motorola Defy that whatever mentioned looks really neat also, and T-Mobile has well priced plans. Wish it had a keyboard, though.

I find it hard to find info for people want a phone that is good for occasional internet and more but without obsessing if a phone has the newest tweaked out version of Gingerbread.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I wanted a keyboard at first but quickly got used to not having one... I mostly do voice to text when my hands are busy with something else :laugh: (it's adjusted to my voice by now thankfully!)

my sis is freaked out by touch screens and, when I gave her a choice of any phone she wanted, she got a blackberry and is very happy with it... everyone has thier different things!

MBTI Type
ESFJ
Hacked iPhone with T-mobile and I don't pay that retarded 30$ just for data. Though AT&T is trying to fuck things up for me, so I might be unwillingly incorporated into their cult.

Malice

Boldly Gone
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
2W3
LG Rumour 2.
I'm still not used to the qwerty keyboard o_0

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
rooted Desire Z with ice Galaxy live wallpaper, totally LSD :D

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fPRQp9CDDjc"].[/YOUTUBE]

HTC-Desire-Z-09.JPG

Anybody got whats app ? We can try if it works ocean-wide :D

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
My contract with Verizon just finished. I can get a significant discount on a new smart phone, but I don't want to pay for the data plan but I don't want buy a new non data phone. I think I'm just gonna waffle while Verizon sends limitless flyers at me.

spirilis

Senior Membrane
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
will be able to get a new phone on contract renewal price in August, going to wait out for the Samsung Galaxy S II for verizon whenever it comes out... supposed to be one of the nicest android smartphones (if not nicest smartphone, in general) in existence. Very eager to get rid of my blackberry P-O-S stat though!

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
The Galaxy S II is über nice. But check if they still have that ugly plastic back cover, it was pretty slim and easily broke or easily got scratches what sucks for a 500 euro phone

How much do you have to pay in America for stuff ? I bought the phone completly for 330 euro and then got a prepaid contract that works postpaid and I can end every full month. It has 7,5 cent per sms and minute 1/1, and 200 mb HSDPA flatrate for 5 euro per month. After 200 mb it is reduced to GPRS speed. There is a 1 GB plan aswell but 200 mb is enough for me since I nearly everwhere have wlan coverage

G

Glycerine

I had a LG flip phone with optional internet but the vibrating mechanism broke so my dad got me a Verizon Iphone 4. I have kept my Iphone 4 the longest in the family because I did not get it stolen or have dropped in an urinal.

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
ANdroid is terrible. I'm gonna get an old school $50 blackberry on Ebay next. Seriously, the G1 and G2 make pretty paperweights maybe but that's it. HATE THESE PHONES.

Ahh, screw it. I'm going on ebay right now.

Patches

Klingon Warrior Princess
ANdroid is terrible. I'm gonna get an old school $50 blackberry on Ebay next. Seriously, the G1 and G2 make pretty paperweights maybe but that's it. HATE THESE PHONES.

Ahh, screw it. I'm going on ebay right now.

:laugh: My brother calls his Droid his "battery killer". Says that's all it does.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
haha you anti-droids, what do you have against a floating ice galaxy with 3d icons and a 1000 lumen display. I mean come on basically its western civilisations fault. If we hadnt spent so much time with the combustion engine and developed the electrical car, we'd have no battery issues. The only one that does really suffer from android mobiles is Bolivia since it has all the Lithium, but that should be no problem, we have gone to war over less in the past :D