User Tag List

View Poll Results: what type of phone do you use?

Voters
85. You may not vote on this poll
  • android

21 24.71%
  • i-phone

16 18.82%
  • blackberry

4 4.71%
  • other smart phone

11 12.94%
  • texting phone with phone first data (not a full smart phone)

9 10.59%
  • texting phone without data

9 10.59%
  • flip phone with phone first data

2 2.35%
  • flip phone without data

4 4.71%
  • no cell phone

4 4.71%
  • other (please tell!)

5 5.88%
First 23456 Last

MBTI
    XXFP

Quote Originally Posted by chana View Post
    i have an env touch. no smart phone for me but i feel like everyone else in the world has one
    yep, me too. to both parts.

I want a smartphone mostly for the (improved) internet browsing: it would enhance my "wandering capabilities", allow me to quickly research items at the store, act as a gps, and allow me to access and sync with my calendar and email which i actually use for work and just general scheduling and could make those things even more useful to me.

also, i'd like a decent camera (optional, but nice) and a good way to browse photos on the phone. this is good for showing clients examples of past work i've done, before/after pictures, etc.

i don't care about multimedia, watching movies, games, blah blah blah.

I hate the contracts, and $30 bucks a month for a data plan from verizon (plus the cost of regular service), with all that bloatware crap they load onto the phone, makes me unhappy/reluctant to really upgrade, or do business with these guys. The HTC Droid Incredible 2 seems nice. Wish it had a physical keyboard.
    Don't know how much it'll bend til it breaks.

MBTI
    LoLz

I just switched from this:

HTC Touch Pro 2

to this beauty:

T-Mobile LG G2x with Google

Truly magnificient 4G piece of work. Android is just beautiful switching from Windows Mobile 6.5.3.

Dual core 1000 mhz processor. 3D Graphics Engine. 8MP camera with flash/zoom. 1.3MP front camera for video chat. Comes with 9GB of storage. Adobe Flash support in browser. All the utility of a smart phone, calendar, browser, texting, email, gps, bluetooth, wifi, etc. I'm working on modding it right now to get it running more smoothly. Only real big quirk is the battery is an epic fail since it came out a month ago. A little modding of the software and proper battery cycling should fix it by tomorrow.

My Touch Pro 2 had everything except the front camera, fast as shit processor, 3d graphics, adobe flash support, 4g support, but now I feel like my little pocket PC has just been taking a new level.

Holy crap, that was post #2500.

I have a cheapo Sony Ericcson. No smartphone, but I'm thinking about it. I would rather not get an iPhone.. I'd just be tempted to buy another Mac (sold the last one). I don't know why my mind works that way, but it does.

He who laughs
    Enneagram
    5w4

I have a grandma phone. I dont see any reason for me to buy a smart phone right now. Id only use a smartphone for checking mail, GPS and use app's for shopping. I run a pretty tight budget right now, so...

MBTI
    ESFJ

I have a work phone .. Nokia.

But for personal use, my moby broke in March 2010 and i still haven't replaced it. Someone offered me a phone recently but i declined. If i don't have it then i can't answer it. It's bad enough having to answer my work phone.

I don't see the point of purchasing a smart phone although the idea of apps sounds appealing but why on earth do i need to check my emails, websites, etc a million times a day to find out noone has sent me anything when i can do that when i get home from work.

To me it seems narcissistic .. oh, I may get something at some point, lol.

I'm also a cheap bastard
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

I have a Motorola Defy that I use for work and personal use... I used to have a blackberry. I actually picked this one even though I could have any of our selection of cell phones for free because it fits easily into my pocket but still has a bigger screen than the i-phone, it's water resistant, dust proof and has a gorilla glass screen (and has survived me talking on it in the pouring rain AND getting dropped face first in a gravel parking lot!)... and it also has a flash camera. I use the GPS rather frequently as well as using the internet for work (yay for coverage maps!!!) and of course I lurk on this site all day long while I'm supposed to be productive

“Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

My phone's type is ESFP.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    9w8

Quote Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer View Post
    My phone's type is ESFP.
    Sounds like a pain in the ass

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    I have a Motorola Defy that I use for work and personal use... I used to have a blackberry. I actually picked this one even though I could have any of our selection of cell phones for free because it fits easily into my pocket but still has a bigger screen than the i-phone, it's water resistant, dust proof and has a gorilla glass screen (and has survived me talking on it in the pouring rain AND getting dropped face first in a gravel parking lot!)... and it also has a flash camera. I use the GPS rather frequently as well as using the internet for work (yay for coverage maps!!!) and of course I lurk on this site all day long while I'm supposed to be productive

Is that phone cut in half? >.>
    "Others should not judge what you truly are, instead you should find yourself. You may find yourself in a bowl of cereal or dreaming of the unknown, but make sure it is you who finds you." - Myself

ENTP
    Extroverted (E) 56.76% Introverted (I) 43.24%
    Intuitive (N) 64.29% Sensing (S) 35.71%
    Thinking (T) 62.5% Feeling (F) 37.5%
    Perceiving (P) 75% Judging (J) 25%

9w8 SP/SX
    Neutral

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

nope... it's half in water
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INTj

I use an Otterboxed LG Optimus V Android.

Like this but without the unbelievably fruity background:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ego Reparate; Ob Me Non Deficiat.
    INTJ - RCOEI - sx/sp/so - Tritype: 683 (6w5-8w9-3w4) - True Neutral
    "Yeah, wisdom always chooses/These black eyes and these bruises"
    "Over the heartache that they say/Never completely goes away..."