User Tag List

View Poll Results: what type of phone do you use?

Voters
85. You may not vote on this poll
  • android

21 24.71%
  • i-phone

16 18.82%
  • blackberry

4 4.71%
  • other smart phone

11 12.94%
  • texting phone with phone first data (not a full smart phone)

9 10.59%
  • texting phone without data

9 10.59%
  • flip phone with phone first data

2 2.35%
  • flip phone without data

4 4.71%
  • no cell phone

4 4.71%
  • other (please tell!)

5 5.88%
First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INtP

I've got a Nexus One. I rarely use it as a phone -- frankly it's more of a "web browser while I'm waiting for the train" kind of thing. So on the smartphone bit, I guess I'm one of those people who really doesn't have much use for a cell phone, but the portable internet, kindle app, etc. are nice. Mostly I got it because AT&T was raising my landline price (again) and it got to the point where a cell/data plan was only a little bit more, so I went ahead and cancelled the landline and got my first cell phone last summer .
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Senior Member captain curmudgeon's Avatar
    MBTI
    BIRD
    Enneagram
    631 sp

I have an iPhone. It's quite nice and with the exception of chatrooms, can do virtually everything that I use computers for.

MBTI
    esTJ
    Enneagram
    875 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ESTx

I think I'm the last person in the world to not have a smart phone. I have a "regular" phone, a Nokia something-or-other that can text and surf the web if I want it to, but I rarely use the Internet. I don't figure I need a smart phone- I don't need to access the internet every minute of every day.
    Murphy Brown: What is it with us? Why can't we take the easy road once in awhile?
    Avery Brown: Because it's boring and dishonest and uncomfortable, like wearing a pair of shoes all day that pinch your feet.

approx 55% ES, 90% TJ

Away with the fairies Southern Kross's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by sui generis View Post
    I think I'm the last person in the world to not have a smart phone. I have a "regular" phone, a Nokia something-or-other that can text and surf the web if I want it to, but I rarely use the Internet. I don't figure I need a smart phone- I don't need to access the internet every minute of every day.
    You would be right. They try and sell you on those little keyboards and bigger screens making it easier to go online and simply it doesn't. I can't be bothered trying to deal with it and will just wait until I get home.
    INFP 4w5 so/sp

I've dreamt in my life dreams that have stayed with me ever after, and changed my ideas;
    they've gone through and through me, like wine through water, and altered the colour of my mind.

- Emily Bronte

MBTI
    esTJ
    Enneagram
    875 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ESTx

Quote Originally Posted by Southern Kross View Post
    You would be right. They try and sell you on those little keyboards and bigger screens making it easier to go online and simply it doesn't. I can't be bothered trying to deal with it and will just wait until I get home.
    This. I don't need to watch a video on some tiny screen. I'll wait til I get home.

Though I do think the little keyboards are cute. But I'm so used to texting on the numberpad!
    Murphy Brown: What is it with us? Why can't we take the easy road once in awhile?
    Avery Brown: Because it's boring and dishonest and uncomfortable, like wearing a pair of shoes all day that pinch your feet.

approx 55% ES, 90% TJ

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

i prefer this over some smart phone.

dunno what this no data/first data thing means, so cant vote
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

It's a Palm Pre.

The official excuse is that, as a freelancer, I have to be able to not only make and receive calls but also read and send e-mail anytime anywhere. So I use it both as a phone and for on the road internet access (to regularly check my mail, against boredom or to find schedules, opening hours, adresses, google maps and other stuff that is actually helpful when you are going somewhere)

Among friends and family you will find a mixture of stone age phones and posh iPhones with little in between.
    The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge. Neither love without knowledge, nor knowledge without love can produce a good life. - Bertrand Russell
    A herring's blog
    Johari / Nohari

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

I-phone. I got I-phoned by my INTJ though for efficiency purposes so I'm told, otherwise I'd never have gotten it. Still, I love it. Awesome user-friendliness and pretty buttons. In contrast, the phone it replaced was the cheapest nokia I could get my hands on like 6 months before that as I'd lost my old nokia of 10 years old (which caused my INTJ to cringe every time he saw it )
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

phone first data means that you can get on the internet on your phone, but it isn't a smart phone (mostly you can get on a few sites, check facebook and send e-mails... it's not all that fast and you don't have access to the entire internet, but you have the internet!) sorry... I forgot that I needed to explain that

and my excuse for having a smart phone is that I needed one for work because I have to pull up web pages and send e-mails out in the field all of the time... and the GPS is kind of useful too... especially for someone who occasionally misplaces thier car
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    yupp

I'm due for an upgrade in septemember and I'm either getting the Galaxy S 4g or G2X with google
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so