• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Do you believe in UFOs?

jixmixfix

Permabanned
LOL

On a more serious note, I really believe that if it was real, it was probably a government device that no one has the balls to claim as having injured that man. I hardly think it was aliens. ;)

everyone always thinks its a government device or a gov craft or plane. The universe is too large for us to be the only intelligent civilization. There are at least 12-13 sons only 5 light years away from us, so it's really not that hard to believe the craft was alien.

Crescent Fresh

Diving into Ni-space
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Speaking of UFOs.

I still remember one of my ex-coworker told me that she saw a UFO spinning a foot below her apartment.

Then I gave her a wtf look, filled with suspicions.

The next thing she told me was this: "You really don't believe me, right? You think I'm batshit crazy, RIGHT?"

It's not until she told me she shared her story with a student who's only 6th grader--that's when I realized she really meant it....

ICUP

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
No way. The only way I will believe in a "real" UFO (from another planet) is if there is no way it could be untrue. And that means coming face-to-face with one, or seeing some other evidence that makes it impossible to disbelieve.

Synapse

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
[youtube="fzuLlDEB2sg"]Ancient Genetics[/youtube]

Alien hybrids. :cheese:

ygolo

My termites win
I was watching the above video, and the power to my laptop went away, and I couldn't turn it back on for a few hours. It shut off right when they were about reveal how 48 chromosomes were reduced to 46 in humans.

Do Do De Do Do Do.

What I find fascinating is the fascinating way UFO enthusiasts take coincidences and unexplained phenomenon and provide an explanation that is necessarily extraterrestrial.

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
Yes i do and it makes sense to ridicule those who are bat shit crazy, as that way people can just walk away with raised eye brows.

I'd like to see them as long as they don't harvest our resources or bodies .. Please come in peace, at which point the governments will blow them to pieces and start the last ever war on our beautiful planet.

I've been watching to many movies, lol.

Quinlan

Intriguing....
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
One night I was looking at the stars and there was a normal sized star but it flashed on and off like a lighthouse about 5 or 6 times then disappeared. What could it be? It was stationary.

ZPowers

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I think the probability that other life exists in the universe is pretty high.

I think the probability that they have travelled at least hundreds or thousands of light years to visit here and have done so multiple times and leave weird messages we don't understand for no apparent reason and they're evolved to coincidentally look just like us with bigger eyes and heads is exceedingly low both in the whole and in each individual part.

MBTI Type
INTJ
I think it's utterly absurd to connect the "Are we alone in the universe?" question to the "Are UFO sightings of alien origin?" question, as many are doing in this thread. I think it's extremely likely that there is life in other parts of the universe. I think it's extremely unlikely that any alien civilization has both advanced technologically to the point where a visit to Earth is possible, and decided to make that visit. They are just two completely different questions, and for the latter I need more any proof.

jixmixfix

Permabanned
I think it's utterly absurd to connect the "Are we alone in the universe?" question to the "Are UFO sightings of alien origin?" question, as many are doing in this thread. I think it's extremely likely that there is life in other parts of the universe. I think it's extremely unlikely that any alien civilization has both advanced technologically to the point where a visit to Earth is possible, and decided to make that visit. They are just two completely different questions, and for the latter I need more any proof.

Why is it extremely unlikely how do you come up with that conclusion merely by speculation?. Your numbers wont add up to your speculation because the universe is so vast and ageless. So I would 100% disagree with you on the speculation of the unlikeliness of civilizations reaching the earth with advanced technology.

Mae

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
5sp
I believe that it is likely life exists beyond us. I do not believe that life has traveled here. I'm not against it, per se, I'd just like to see proof.

I once knew someone who swore to me that they saw a U.F.O. Not joking, they believed wholeheartedly that they had a close encounter. Not, oh, it was something strange up in the sky... they claimed absolutely certainty.

It was hard to take them seriously after that. :(

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
i believe that all flying objects cant be identified. dunno if those are extraterrestrials or what, but i dont think its good to believe that they are some aliens or some being from another dimension or time, but i do think its good to see that as a possibility. if people survive for lets say a million years, i think we might have a technology to travel to earth like plants in other solar systems and do similar things there what we have seen on earth. if there would be a intelligent life outside earth, why couldnt they be a million years ahead of us? but there are other possibilities for aliens that to be evil. if those things we have seen are done by aliens, they could very well just show them for us like that, so that we would see people as one and wouldnt end up killing each other. or maybe they just want our brains and waiting till we breed to a 10 billion so they would have more to eat :D

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
If the question means: "Do you believe in extra-terrestrials?", the answer to that question is YES.
Yes I do believe in extra-terrestrials. I am not 100% sure that they have been here, but I do find it more than probable.
There's too much smoke to not be a fire, and even if 99.99999% of the information out there is bogus and the vast number of hillbillies who get anal probed is staggering...
I still believe that there is an international government cover-up about them having been here, or something of that nature.
I am not sure that there has been any actual contact except for wreckages and flybys, though.

A relative of mine and his wife saw an unidentified flying object that could not have been anything else.
Both of them are really serious people. You could almost call them unimaginative. Both are medical doctors and he also holds a PhD. None of them has any drug- or alcohol problems, and no mental illness.
These are no drunken hillbillies who got "experimented on... you know... sexually". :D
Neither are any of them science-fiction nerds or conspiracy nuts.
The sighting was made during an evening walk, and it flew past them really really close overhead. It's impossible to make him talk about it, sadly.
Then again, there isn't too much to talk about. I trust these people and they have said what they saw and what they felt.

jixmixfix

Permabanned
If the question means: "Do you believe in extra-terrestrials?", the answer to that question is YES.
Yes I do believe in extra-terrestrials. I am not 100% sure that they have been here, but I do find it more than probable.
There's too much smoke to not be a fire, and even if 99.99999% of the information out there is bogus and the vast number of hillbillies who get anal probed is staggering...
I still believe that there is an international government cover-up about them having been here, or something of that nature.
I am not sure that there has been any actual contact except for wreckages and flybys, though.

A relative of mine and his wife saw an unidentified flying object that could not have been anything else.
Both of them are really serious people. You could almost call them unimaginative. Both are medical doctors and he also holds a PhD. None of them has any drug- or alcohol problems, and no mental illness.
These are no drunken hillbillies who got "experimented on... you know... sexually". :D
Neither are any of them science-fiction nerds or conspiracy nuts.
The sighting was made during an evening walk, and it flew past them really really close overhead. It's impossible to make him talk about it, sadly.
Then again, there isn't too much to talk about. I trust these people and they have said what they saw and what they felt.

check this out.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7vyVe-6YdUk