• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Do you believe in UFOs?

Crescent Fresh

Diving into Ni-space
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Actually, I don't believe in it either.

A friend posted this video link on Facebook and I started to wonder about most of these seems quite fake (and you know how the media got so hyped up on these findings).

But there are a few of the sighting incident from the clip that seems nearly impossible to fabricate (like the clip from Jerusalem), which has got me thinking.

Mole

Permabanned
Pie in the Sky

The universe is so big and the speed of light is so slow that, from a human perspective, the universe is set in concrete. And it is somewhere between unlikely and impossible for flying saucers to be zipping around in concrete.

On the other hand we have been left bereft. The gods have left us and ascended into heaven, like Jesus or Mohammed, leaving us behind, but with a promise to return. So we pine and look to the skies looking for any sign of their return. And guess what, we see what we are looking for.

Stigmata

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yes. The can use ourselves as reference that the universe is capable of sustaining some form of life. To think we're in any way some type of unique anomaly just seems absurd. The universe is seemingly endless.

Quinlan

Intriguing....
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
Yes I do believe some objects that fly can be unidentified.

Beargryllz

MBTI Type
INTP
I truly, truly believe that there are objects that are both flying and unidentified.

T

ThatGirl

Ha! Creepy video.

Idk, I think if "Extra Dimensional" beings really do exist, they probably have a lot better things to fuck with than us.

If they were after the resources we have, why wait until we are a more advanced and populated species? Seems inefficient.

If they really are that advanced, why did it take us sending something into space for us to be on their radar? It isn't like we would have traveled so far beyond our own space at that time that this would have suddenly caught their attention. It isn't like they couldn't have avoided contact.

Certainly, if they are as advanced as implied, why would they seek to control our obviously inferior and non threatening species?

A lot of it doesn't make sense.

professor goodstain

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7~7
yes. they are light years away and have never been anywhere close to our solar system. also, they are very closely related to us through their physical make up. i also believe know they and us will meet simultaneously and not one well more advanced than the other/s in order to reach the other/s first.
i also found this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intelligent_Design#Concepts

one thing that throws me off is when europeans overwhelmed the indians in america among other examples, which conflicts with this>> " they and us will meet simultaneously and not one well more advanced than the other/s in order to reach the other/s first."
i'm kinda torn there:)

T

ThatGirl

Difference between Europeans and Indians, nothing. Same species, same resources, competition, greed.

Difference between us and aliens, Comes From Completely Different Worlds! Advanced intelligence.

iwakar

crush the fences
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
@ OP

Is your question deliberately simple or are you actually trying to get at whether TypC members believe in intelligent alien life forms?

Quinlan

Intriguing....
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
If they really are that advanced, why did it take us sending something into space for us to be on their radar? It isn't like we would have traveled so far beyond our own space at that time that this would have suddenly caught their attention. It isn't like they couldn't have avoided contact.

The Prime Directive of course.

KDude

x-files-believe1.jpg

Actually a more interesting case than modern UFO sightings to me is the apparent familiarity with them in the past. What are we to make of old renaissance paintings with spaceships in them? Were they a product of imagination.. maybe some speculative interpretation of angels? Perhaps angels who preferred some alternative design in their carriages and chariots. Or were these painters simply trying to say.. "Umm, yeah, I don't what this is, but I witnessed it, and I'm just going to let you decide."

Siege_of_Sigiburg_Castle_by_stew_mcgrew.jpg

madonna7.jpg

gallery_2_42_898844.jpg

T

ThatGirl

x-files-believe1.jpg

Actually a more interesting case than modern UFO sightings to me is the apparent familiarity with them in the past. What are we to make of old renaissance paintings with spaceships in them? Were they a product of imagination.. maybe some speculative interpretation of angels? Perhaps angels who preferred some alternative design in their carriages and chariots. Or were these painters simply trying to say.. "Umm, yeah, I don't what this is, but I witnessed it, and I'm just going to let you decide."

Siege_of_Sigiburg_Castle_by_stew_mcgrew.jpg

madonna7.jpg

gallery_2_42_898844.jpg

Okay that is a little weird...

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I truly, truly believe that there are objects that are both flying and unidentified.

I was about to say something along these lines.

The universe is ginormous. It would be unreasonable, in my opinion, to rule out the possibility.

On the other hand, no I don't think I've been ever abducted and raped with an anal probe, either.