User Tag List

Thread: Firefox Problem

MBTI
    INFP

Default Firefox Problem

I am running Firefox 2 on Windows Vista and the problem I keep having is the little boxes that you click on all of a sudden won't show any text, and when I'm typing in the input area nothing shows up. I'll have to restart Firefox. This sometimes happens multiple times per day. Anyone know what's up?

Do you have a lot of extensions installed? sometimes different extensions can cause problems.

otherwise..

try Firefox 3 beta 4...
    Firefox web browser | International versions: Get Firefox in your language

you will lose out on some extension compatibility though. I have found it to generally be stable and it has some pretty cool improvements (and uses wayyy less memory).

MBTI
    INFP

Ah.. I do have an extentsion installed.. but I don't use it. I will download the beta version.

Thanks fc.

MBTI
    INTJ

I'm running Firefox on Win XP and I've never had that problem, so I would assume it's because of an interaction with Vista.

I just did a Google search for Vista Firefox problems and came up with a bunch of stuff.
    You might want to try it, too, but add another word or two that more specifically describes your difficulty.

I wish you good success.

MBTI
    INFP

I'm running FF beta now. I will comment if the problem rears it's head again.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

I have a feeling this has something to do with why they're dropping Windows 98 support in Firefox 3, which means in a few years I won't be able to use this old AMD K6-2 on the internet anymore without trying to use a slower OS.

The Vista design is probably deliberately introducing incompatibilities with earlier versions of Windows to force people to upgrade to it, even though it's slower, more restrictive, and inferior in many ways.