• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Firefox Problem

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
I am running Firefox 2 on Windows Vista and the problem I keep having is the little boxes that you click on all of a sudden won't show any text, and when I'm typing in the input area nothing shows up. I'll have to restart Firefox. This sometimes happens multiple times per day. Anyone know what's up?

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
Ah.. I do have an extentsion installed.. but I don't use it. I will download the beta version.

Thanks fc.

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
I'm running Firefox on Win XP and I've never had that problem, so I would assume it's because of an interaction with Vista.

I just did a Google search for Vista Firefox problems and came up with a bunch of stuff.
You might want to try it, too, but add another word or two that more specifically describes your difficulty.

I wish you good success.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I have a feeling this has something to do with why they're dropping Windows 98 support in Firefox 3, which means in a few years I won't be able to use this old AMD K6-2 on the internet anymore without trying to use a slower OS. :(

The Vista design is probably deliberately introducing incompatibilities with earlier versions of Windows to force people to upgrade to it, even though it's slower, more restrictive, and inferior in many ways.