• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Recommended image hosting sites?

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I currently use Flickr for uploading my images but it has a 200 photo limit unless you upgrade to the Premium account which is $25 a year. Are there any other image hosting sites where you can posted unlimited photos for free? Or at least one that allows significantly more than 200 photos?

I'm only a few photos away from the limit and I've already deleted several to make room but I'm at the point where I don't want to delete any more photos.

Also, if I switch photo hosting sites, is there a way to import all of my flickr photos to that site?

I've looked into Imageshack but it isn't clear to me if you can upload an unlimited number of photos for free. Their FAQ makes it sound that way but then when you read what their Premium account offers, it mentions about unlimited photos, implying its something only available in their Premium account.

Maya

MBTI Type
INFJ
I love photobucket. Not sure if it offers an importing service for Flickr images, but there is a plugin for Firefox in the "tools" section that may help - you right click a photo and it'll upload it over on your photobucket account. That might speed up the transfer process when moving your Flickr photos over to photobucket.

If you have your photobucket album public, people can comment on it and share the photos much like the interface over on Flickr. I've had an account there for years and have oodles of pictures on it, and I've never had any problem with running out of space and I've never encountered sizing limits. :smile: Tagging is another feature they have as well, and there's a photo editing interface provided too.

ScorpioINTP

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
6-5
Picassaweb is free and easy to upload from Free picassa 3 software. I use zenfolio, but it costs $. I have a flickr account to, but don't pay for that one.

Beargryllz

MBTI Type
INTP
http://imgur.com/

I've never had to use another host ever again. Never wanted to. They claim you can host an infinite number of images, but this is obviously an exaggeration, because the universe cannot contain an infinite number of pictures. However, I do not believe that you will run out of space.

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I've used photobucket for years without wanting to switch. I don't know if they have a limit - I've never reached it.