User Tag List

First 123 Last

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Well, I'll find out if I ever start writing something big. Tons of ideas in my head, but so far only some shorts and poems have actually made it on paper. Nothing substantial.

I'm still in the aspiring stage. :>
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by agentfurrina View Post
    welcome! thanks to open source computing, the cloud and the like you're about a day's work at any time away from achieving that goal.

the rest is just details schmetails
    yeah, the only thing I need is $100 for a tax ID, a good wholesaler to work with, a data feed management firm (I'm going to try and negotiate a free trial, if not this could be as much as $200 a month) and to figure out how to post on the free search engines
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

garbage

ah, a CTO! you guys are the unicorns of tech. much sought after, highly valued etc etc. anyway, nice to "meet" you.

if you care to share, how have you used typology in your work as a CTO? i'm fortunate to know my (INTJ) CTO extremely well, but not from a typology standpoint as it's all new to me. i believe our relationship will be the most important factor in ensuring the success our startup, apart from the technology, so understanding INTJs is paramount to me.

and thanks for the book suggestion. it's one i've been meaning to pick up for ages but never got around to it. did you find it useful?
    To answer the rep question, too--long story short, the company's focus is on developing tools to facilitate decision-making in the medical realm, primarily in nursing, where snap decisions often need to be made with a good, solid foundation. So we crunch through hospital data and analyze trends, provide expert systems to reason through facts and provide recommendations, so on and so forth.

Right now, we've got exactly one software tool as our basis. It's a result of what I'd say is a pretty innovative idea, so it has buy-in and complete support from a large hospital system.

Our goal is to expand both vertically and horizontally--developing decision tools across different domains, and helping with (or consulting on) different aspects of the medical realm that are not necessarily focused on decision-making through software tools.

I'm the sole developer of our first software tool, but I'm leaving the software development aspects behind and focusing first on software "ergonomics" and usability, then on decision analysis, marketing, etc.--the broader picture for the company and what exactly it is that we do. As we grow the company, those facets will become more and more important.

This company is just one of a few of my jobs

I guess typology has helped when it comes to an overall understanding of other people, especially since I've got a huge interest in the psychological aspects of what we do. However, a typical CTO who wants to focus on developing technology might not get as much out of typology as, say, those who manage or interface with other people as a regular part of their job.

Wisdom of Teams is a good read for anyone who works on a team, though.

Permabanned

I guess I'm going to have to accept that one day I'm going to have to open a business of some sort. I'm not living life under a boss...not that it's a bad thing...it's just that it isn't for me.

If I need to do something, I don't want to do it.
    If I want to do something, I need to do it.

MBTI
    entp

You just got an angel hooked? That is AWESOME!! Congrats! Is it an internet startup? Post your links everywhere. We people here will help your user count skyrocket!

I'm a student...took my last internship to build a company. Then I had to quit for a while because school started (experience taught me I CANT do both at the same time). Anyway, long story short I got a couple of ideas that I think are amazing. I am waiting till Apr 26 when I finish this school term and can start working on my company again!

I am still trying to figure out how to make type dynamics work for me. I know the type of my cofounders and partners but I still don't know how to leverage it...I'm not sure if you can in a startup - unless you know them really really well

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by thisGuy View Post
    You just got an angel hooked? That is AWESOME!! Congrats! Is it an internet startup? Post your links everywhere. We people here will help your user count skyrocket!

I'm a student...took my last internship to build a company. Then I had to quit for a while because school started (experience taught me I CANT do both at the same time). Anyway, long story short I got a couple of ideas that I think are amazing. I am waiting till Apr 26 when I finish this school term and can start working on my company again!

I am still trying to figure out how to make type dynamics work for me. I know the type of my cofounders and partners but I still don't know how to leverage it...I'm not sure if you can in a startup - unless you know them really really well
    hi thx!

geosocial mobile app.

once an entrepreneur always an entrepreneur. and you bet your grannie's boots you need to know your co-founders well going into it. i happen to know my team's bowel movement schedule, among other things. used to manage them at another company...our war room shared a wall with the men's bafroom. :horor:

anyway, welcome!
    I may be kindly, I am ordinarily gentle, but in my line of business I am obliged to will terribly what I will at all.
    ~ Catherine the Great

7w6 ❣ sx/so ❤ physical touch ❥ sanguine 70%, choleric 30% ❦

Johari.

MBTI
    INTP
    Socionics
    INTp

i'm a crazed serial entrepreneur who just received her first round of angel capital for her new venture.

sooo....

any other entrepreneurs around here? hi tech would be awesome. but small biz owners and managers, too, as the lessons and challenges are essentially the same.

i'd like to build a team this time using [the little i know about] typology. any wisdom you can share (or that we jointly can amass) would be incredible.

the team i've assembled so far:

ENFP - CEO (who acts a hell of a lot like ENTJ in the workplace, the madwoman)
    INTJ - CTO
    INTP - architect/back-end developer
    ISTJ (?) - front-end designer
    INTJ - web developer
    INTJ - angel investor
    INTJ - advisor

i've made asked everyone but the front-end designer to take the mbti test...we're just a wee bit heavy on the NTs, which is not a bad thing at all in hi tech.

so, has anyone studied team dynamics using typology? (i've got a few books on the way but prefer dialogue) have experience with ENFPs and INTJs at the C-level and wanna bitch/share/brainstorm leadership? drawn up a term sheet or raised pre-VC/angel capital? worked in startups? work in the consumer web/mobile space? develop for droid/iphone and wanna talk dev timelines?
    I own a business. That part is good. The bad part is having employees. That is why I will never start another business unless I can hand it off to someone else to manage completely. Serious pain in the rear end!
    Just because you can doesn't mean you should.

MBTI
    entp

hi thx!

geosocial mobile app.

once an entrepreneur always an entrepreneur. and you bet your grannie's boots you need to know your co-founders well going into it. i happen to know my team's bowel movement schedule, among other things. used to manage them at another company...our war room shared a wall with the men's bafroom. :horor:

anyway, welcome!
    interesting! knowing the co-founders part...not so much the ability to identify owner from bowel movements!

so you essentially took your team and made it into a company. cool! that must've been crucial in keeping the hierarchical structure intact...for accountability

Quote Originally Posted by ThinkingAboutIt View Post
    I own a business. That part is good. The bad part is having employees. That is why I will never start another business unless I can hand it off to someone else to manage completely. Serious pain in the rear end!
    for management sorrows at startups and software firms, bury your head in http://www.amazon.com/Managing-Human.../dp/159059844X

its essentially a compilation of the author's blog but i like the book form better because its sequenced better. the book is very informal, very practical, and straight to the point. i like!

edit: author`s blog- http://randsinrepose.com/

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

I'm utterly in awe at the NFPs in here with their business success. I've had my own business, but it scared the hell out of me due to the administration involved, so I left that behind me. I still have the need to have my own business or rather to do my own thing, but I hate the impersonal feel of a business, as well as many of the things you have to do to 'survive' in business..hits too many of my Fi values

Working still though at carving out my own little perfect niche..It's inspiring to see it is in fact possible
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

I'm part owner of a large consulting firm. I built one consulting practice from the ground up to about a 30M business and then led another one for six years. I just finished a project where we started with two of us and it ended up leading up to about 13m in revenue in a very short period of time. So, I guess I'm pretty entrepreneurial but it's within the context of a larger organization. I started my own business on the side once but found I just couldn't work two jobs at the same time.

I do use MBTI at work in the forming of teams. I like to combine SJs and NTs together on a team, for example, or have a blend of Ps and Js. It depends on what needs to get done though. For example on my last project, I had an ISTJ and an ENTJ working together. I was worried that there would be problems between the two of them but they had very complimentary talents and did get along. It is less about pegging people with type and more about understanding them. It is all about getting people in the right roles and having a blend of different kinds of people and thinkers on a team working with each other. That's a reason this recent project was hard - because I didn't know many of the people and had to quickly discover what they were good at. I guess overall, I'm not so much consciously using type but am making decisions intuitively. However, the type knowledge is an important set of data points embedded in my brain and colors my thinking.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639