• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

smartphone with best battery life

Spamtar

Ghost Monkey Soul
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
My experience with iphones is that they have a crappy batter life. I even broke one of my iphones attempting to change the hardwired battery via an ebay kit. The iphone 4 is admittedly better but not by that much.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
lol i keep hearing how bad everyone's is. i was about to get an iphone 4, but my cousin has one, and hers died while we were out shopping - it was maybe 7 hours total? i can't fathom that. my current phone will run about 40 hours before shutting down.

i realize that kind of battery life isn't going to happen with a smartphone, but 8 hours? i'm usually out and about at least that long.

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
Blackberries. If you have an android phone get something called Juice Defender as it staggers the data pulls in increments. iPhone, no idea, but I know Ping was drawing a lot of power in latest update so disabling that would be good too.

T

ThatGirl

Ooo! Thanks for the tip, I just installed, we will see if it makes a difference. Currently my battery goes dead about every four hours.....whether I am using it or not.

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
Ooo! Thanks for the tip, I just installed we will see if it makes a fidderence. Currently my battery goes dead about every four hours.....whether I am using it or not.

Yeah, you've probably got a shit ton of apps/widgets that using cellular data constantly, which is mostly Google's fault as they allow OEMs to install whatever bloatware on their phones they want. On my N1, even without Juice Defender I can go about 2 days on a full charge with average use, but that's mostly because I only allow Gmail to push my email, everything else is on demand. Juice Plotter will track your biggest battery drains, to give you an indication as to any programs/services that are really draining you bigtime.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
All I know is.. I have never had an HTC phone I have been satisfied with. Just putting that out there.

I have a Mytouch 4G. The life of it, with as much as I text and talk, is less than a day for sure. 10 hours or so before it dies with average use. Though, admittably, I havent downloaded any of the juicy things jock described yet.

Red Herring

Superwoman
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
My Palm Pre easily gets me through the day. I used to be unnerved about having to recharge it almost every night, but reading some of the other stories, that's nothing. Internet is the worst on the battery; if you just use it for a few phone calls and maybe the occasional e-mail check it should at the very least last you a day and a half. It really depends a lot on the usage. You can also decide how often you want to to access the net to check your mail for you (doesn't always work with my provider though), and work a lot with screen brightness, etc... the more extras you use, the more energy it'll suck up, that's only common sense. But I'd say there are worse ones out there.

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
That is extremely helpful. Cool.

(I never realized smartphones had that awful of a battery life....good to know)

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I have a motorola defy and it lasts all day at work with my constant on-phone activity (I'm usually either calling, on hold with someone, texting, showing someone something online or playing alchemy :ninja:)... it also has the added bonus of me being able to throw it into a puddle and it being fine! :holy:

my blackberry also used to last an entire day of use, but the processor on it was slower :sadbanana:

I actually selected my phone with the battery life in mind (among other things! I work in the cell phone industry) generally, the rule is that the bigger the phone or the presence of a keyboard means a shorter battery life :)

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Yeah, you've probably got a shit ton of apps/widgets that using cellular data constantly, which is mostly Google's fault as they allow OEMs to install whatever bloatware on their phones they want. On my N1, even without Juice Defender I can go about 2 days on a full charge with average use, but that's mostly because I only allow Gmail to push my email, everything else is on demand. Juice Plotter will track your biggest battery drains, to give you an indication as to any programs/services that are really draining you bigtime.

this is awesome, i'll definitely look into juice.

:nice:

(I never realized smartphones had that awful of a battery life....good to know)

INORITE.

when my cousin's phone died, i was like, you forget to charge it? no, she charged it that night :huh:

I have a motorola defy and it lasts all day at work with my constant on-phone activity (I'm usually either calling, on hold with someone, texting, showing someone something online or playing alchemy :ninja:)... it also has the added bonus of me being able to throw it into a puddle and it being fine! :holy:

my blackberry also used to last an entire day of use, but the processor on it was slower :sadbanana:

I actually selected my phone with the battery life in mind (among other things! I work in the cell phone industry) generally, the rule is that the bigger the phone or the presence of a keyboard means a shorter battery life :)

:hifive:

i've historically chosen phones on their durability. i go for the ones that look "tough", lol.