any recommendations?

thanks

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

My experience with iphones is that they have a crappy batter life. I even broke one of my iphones attempting to change the hardwired battery via an ebay kit. The iphone 4 is admittedly better but not by that much.
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"

ThatGirl

That would NOT be the R2D2 Motorolla Droid 2.

Just saying.....

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

lol i keep hearing how bad everyone's is. i was about to get an iphone 4, but my cousin has one, and hers died while we were out shopping - it was maybe 7 hours total? i can't fathom that. my current phone will run about 40 hours before shutting down.

i realize that kind of battery life isn't going to happen with a smartphone, but 8 hours? i'm usually out and about at least that long.

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

Blackberries. If you have an android phone get something called Juice Defender as it staggers the data pulls in increments. iPhone, no idea, but I know Ping was drawing a lot of power in latest update so disabling that would be good too.

ThatGirl

Ooo! Thanks for the tip, I just installed, we will see if it makes a difference. Currently my battery goes dead about every four hours.....whether I am using it or not.

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    Ooo! Thanks for the tip, I just installed we will see if it makes a fidderence. Currently my battery goes dead about every four hours.....whether I am using it or not.
    Yeah, you've probably got a shit ton of apps/widgets that using cellular data constantly, which is mostly Google's fault as they allow OEMs to install whatever bloatware on their phones they want. On my N1, even without Juice Defender I can go about 2 days on a full charge with average use, but that's mostly because I only allow Gmail to push my email, everything else is on demand. Juice Plotter will track your biggest battery drains, to give you an indication as to any programs/services that are really draining you bigtime.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

All I know is.. I have never had an HTC phone I have been satisfied with. Just putting that out there.

I have a Mytouch 4G. The life of it, with as much as I text and talk, is less than a day for sure. 10 hours or so before it dies with average use. Though, admittably, I havent downloaded any of the juicy things jock described yet.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

My Palm Pre easily gets me through the day. I used to be unnerved about having to recharge it almost every night, but reading some of the other stories, that's nothing. Internet is the worst on the battery; if you just use it for a few phone calls and maybe the occasional e-mail check it should at the very least last you a day and a half. It really depends a lot on the usage. You can also decide how often you want to to access the net to check your mail for you (doesn't always work with my provider though), and work a lot with screen brightness, etc... the more extras you use, the more energy it'll suck up, that's only common sense. But I'd say there are worse ones out there.
    The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge. Neither love without knowledge, nor knowledge without love can produce a good life. - Bertrand Russell
    A herring's blog
    Johari / Nohari

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge. Neither love without knowledge, nor knowledge without love can produce a good life. - Bertrand Russell
    A herring's blog
    Johari / Nohari