• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Calling the Computer Savvy

Antimony

You're fired. Lol.
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
So, I would really like to learn more about computers in general (yes, very vague), but I really don't know where to start. So any ideas on where I should start would be most appreciated.

But first, I have a more pressing matter at hand: I have lost a word file to temporary files. I am in an online Anatomy class, and downloaded a study guide. However, I forgot to save it to my login, and although I did remember to hit save a million times while working on this study guide.

I have already looked in temp files, in depth, and I am not sure if I can actually do anything. I have also looked elsewhere. Seems to have disappeared. It was downloaded yesterday.

thisGuy

MBTI Type
entp
there are something called hidden files. google 'show hidden files windows' and then check the same spot where you saved it first. it may not be there anymore but its worth a try

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
Learn more about computers? Forums are a great place to start. Go to any forums related to computers... Windows forums, tech support forums, Linux forums... whatever. They're always a great place to learn and chat about technology.

Regarding the word document... if you kept saving the file in your temporary folder and your browser is set to clear this upon exit... and you can't seem to find it anywhere... it's probably gone.

However... you could try opening World and clicking on the File menu... there should be something in there that says "Recent Documents" or something like that. Perhaps it's under an "Open" submenu? If you're lucky, you could find it listed as one of your recent documents. If it is... click it and it should be able to re-open if it was not deleted.

*edit* Woah... looks like this has been bumped a bit. Not sure if my post is still relevant to your interests...