• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Blogging Communities

marm

MBTI Type
INFP
I decided to start a blog. I chose My Opera because there is a blog there I like to follow. I've only written two entries so far. I was looking around that site, and I was having doubts about it. I didn't see any other blogs that interested me.

I don't know blogging communities well. I don't know what other options there are. What I'm looking for is a community that is fairly general, but with somewhat of an intellectual bent. I not only want to blog. I also want to connect with other bloggers with similiar interests or perspectives.

Does anyone know of any good blogging communities?

marm

MBTI Type
INFP
I have an account at Live Journal. I've never blogged there, but it was one of the sites I was considering. There were a couple of blogging services that seem similar that also have discussion groups. I belong to several groups on Ning, but I don't think I want to blog there.

I came across another blog service review.
Blogger Blog Service Review

Mindsay was reviewed and it sounds interesting. It has a general discussion board and the review said that its community-oriented which Word Press isn't. I don't know if it has separate discussion groups like Live Journal.

Clover

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
I have an account at Live Journal. I've never blogged there, but it was one of the sites I was considering. There were a couple of blogging services that seem similar that also have discussion groups. I belong to several groups on Ning, but I don't think I want to blog there.

I came across another blog service review.
Blogger Blog Service Review

Mindsay was reviewed and it sounds interesting. It has a general discussion board and the review said that its community-oriented which Word Press isn't. I don't know if it has separate discussion groups like Live Journal.

I love LiveJournal, it is more personal than most blogging sites I have joined. Lots of really great communities & great people. :)

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Wordpress gets the overall best review.

I don't know about the community interaction at wordpress, but I definitely like their blogging software the best.

(I've tried most of the main ones, including livejournal and blogspot/blogger.)

marm

MBTI Type
INFP
I have an account at Live Journal. Someone else was recommending it to me also. It looks like one of the better ones. The other one that is interesting me maybe even more at the moment is Gaia.

I just joined there.

Ben Steele's Profile — Gaia Community

I might go back and forth between Live Journal and Gaia for a while until I figure which one I like best. I know some MBTI people at Live Journal and I know some Integral people at Gaia.

marm

MBTI Type
INFP
Jennifer -

If I was simply looking for a blog, then I'd probably go for wordpress. I'm thinking the community aspect is equally important to me because I'd like to connect with other bloggers. I'll take another look at wordpress though.