User Tag List

First 123 Last

Klingon Warrior Princess Patches's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

My ENTJ swears by his noise cancelling headphones. He travels a lot, so he spends a lot of time in airplanes and trains.
    “Everybody has a secret world inside of them. All of the people of the world, I mean everybody. No matter how dull and boring they are on the outside, inside
    them they've all got unimaginable, magnificent, wonderful, stupid, amazing worlds. Not just one world. Hundreds of them. Thousands maybe.” -Neil Gaiman

~

I have Pioneer HDJ-1000s and they're great, but I find, as with any headphones I've ever owned, my ears get tender after an hour plus and I have to let them breathe.

When I shopped for noise-canceling headphones, I looked at the Bose, and they were great. But they also cost $300. I saw many reviews that said these headphones from Audio-Technica were almost as good as the Bose, but a much better deal at $160 (they're $115 now on Amazon). I bought them, and I love them. No, they're not quite as good as the Bose, but they're still excellent and they cost a lot less.
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

I always sit or step on or looz my headphones. I must have destroyed/lost at least 10 pairs this year... whats the big deal with "noise canceling" head phones are they for more than listening to music because I cant see why just turning up the volume shouldn't do the trick

...seems like a lot of gimmicky hype

...hmmm but if I ever have a baby/kid I'm gonna get the best ones money can buy for silence/comfort/effectiveness.
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

I have these. They're pretty awesome.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    6-5

I love mine. They fold up nicely too. Got them for only $40 at tiger direct. Sound is amazing and blocks everything out. I think they are logitechs.
    Type 6w5 sp/so/sx I think..I have not fully explored this and just discovered it.

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    noise cancelling head phones would be nice in theory, but i do want to at least have a chance of hearing someone attack from me behind.plus i'll be damned if i spend 300 on head phones.
    Well, you can technically still hear depending on what kind of brand of noise canceling headphones you use and what kind of sound is going through.

Not to mention, they're really useful when you are trying to work on something but all you hear is outside noises.

MBTI
    Aeon
    Enneagram
    10w so
    Socionics
    LOL

Quote Originally Posted by spamtar View Post
    I always sit or step on or looz my headphones.
    LOL. I've stepped on my Audio Technica AD900s on a few occasions and they're still as good as new. But they're open circumaural phones - the opposite of noise cancelling..

MBTI
    INTp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII None

A4tech Metallic earphone SecureFit for ipods, mp3, mp4, other players

A4tech Securefit Metallic Super Bass Earphone Mk-650 For Ipod (Black)

use them for running and get a pair every 4-6 months

$500? $300? ?? why?

also, just yesterday I kept the music going after my run and sat int he car... was only when I reached home that I realized I had my stereo playing in the car.. noise canceling for sure

p.s. a pair costs me about $5
    The answer must be in the attempt
    avy url : natgeocreative Photo

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

if you are going to go with ear buds and about 200$ budget, get ultimate ears super.fi pro5, cant go wrong with those. i have been using them for about 3 years and absolutely love them. i got some experience with other ear buds in the same price range, my ex co-worker was an audiophile who had more experience and we can both agree that they are pretty much the best you can get for the price. pretty much every other ear buds in that price range lack on something, bass, weak highs or something, but those ultimate ears lack pretty much nothing(some 500$+ can do better ofc, but not much difference with those either), because they got dual drivers(one for bass and one for mid-high) you can get deep bass and crystal clear highs at the same time, when most ear buds fail on doing both, at least at the same time. clarity in them is great. only problem is that if you arent careful with the cable, it might brake easily, but you can get replacement cable for around 20$.
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read