User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INTP

Give it fifty years then everyone will be whining that these cars are guzzling the limited amount of air on our precious planet.
    Why do we always come here?

I guess we'll never know.

It's like a kind of torture,
    To have to watch this show.

MBTI
    INtP

Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    I'm still waiting for the day when a non fossil fuel car comes out that actually suits my needs without having to own multiple vehicles.

Accident wise it'd be similar to the Smart car most likely. And yes Compressed Air tanks can explode if stuck wrong or heated.
    Quote Originally Posted by athenian200 View Post
    It sounds like a good idea, of course. But the question is, how are we going to get companies to produce them, and people to buy them? Won't the oil companies try to prevent it somehow, since it would cut into their profits?
    I'm sure that the oil (gasoline) companies wouldn't be thrilled to see this car succeed, but I wouldn't classify it as a "non fossil fuel car." It simply uses an intermediate form of stored energy (compressed air) - which is likely to be generated by fossil fuels. Any net gain to "the environment" would be based on the car's lightweight construction requiring less energy to move. Minus the inefficiency generated by the intermediate step of converting an "original" form of energy (fossil fuels, nuclear, coal-electric, natural-gas electric, etc.) into compressed air. None of the original power generation inputs are necessarily (or even likely) to be "good" for the environment (they may be better than gasoline, may not).

Not that it's a *bad* idea, but it's not necessarily an environment-saver either. On the other hand, it does provide a method and a somewhat reasonable infrastructure-friendly method for "refueling" vehicles driven by stored energy that *may* be generated from environmentally friendly sources of energy (nuclear, solar). If people are willing to buy small cars :rolli:. We still have the problem of sustainable power generation, but at best it's a small step in the right direction, at least for niche uses.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE

Amen, mort.

I think somebody should start threatening to assassinate oil company owners, important people, board representatives etc, if they don't't stop interfering with alternative fuel research They seem to buy up most new inventions in that area, and stop the research

Mightier than the tread of marching armies is the power of an idea whose time has come

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by YourLocalJesus View Post
    Amen, mort.

I think somebody should start threatening to assassinate oil company owners, important people, board representatives etc, if they don't't stop interfering with alternative fuel research They seem to buy up most new inventions in that area, and stop the research
    Do you think they're buying them up now so that when importing oil becomes too expensive and they start losing money because no one can afford to drive anymore, they can just "invent" a new method of transportation after they've milked fossil fuels for all they're worth? That's what I'd do if I were an oil company.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE

That's what they're doing, without any bloody regard to the damn PLANET they have to live on... Fecking bastards I'm not that into climate issues and general green peace activities, but what the heck... It's just too greedy to be smart at all. They're actually destroying the world while they're standing on it.

Mightier than the tread of marching armies is the power of an idea whose time has come

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

I want a car powered by cow manure.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE

... With an in-built green field with cows on it, making it a perpetual movement shit-car?

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by YourLocalJesus View Post
    ... With an in-built green field with cows on it, making it a perpetual movement shit-car?
    Shit car, huh? A Yugo?

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE

No-no, not that one, I was thinking more like a moving cow-farm ^^ But it'd be very stupid, especially cows and other cattle generate about 40% of the greenhouse gas

no clinkz 'til brooklyn Nocapszy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

You wouldn't have to stop off at McDonalds with that car. If you've got a field, there's surely room for a slaughterhouse, and a birthing barn. You'll never go hungry either. But then... do you even need to go anywhere?
    we fukin won boys