• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Turntable help

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Bought a few weeks ago, but haven't determined the next step.
No power button; just the three cords pictured.
35d89qc.jpg

24gpx8g.jpg

Read on some forum that I'd need a 4.5V DC power adapter, though none online match my cord. Radioshack didn't know what to make of it either. Any thoughts?

Thanks

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Yeah. That's the source I referred to.

31V7AdIxWNL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Doesn't appear to match up. Just search for a compatible brand, or what?

Sony doesn't list this turntable model on its site.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Good thing a manual would cost so much.

You'd think these would be more user friendly.

Can't come up with the needle ejection maneuver. Just snapped off whatever bit was left trying to pull it out.

Should prob compare with related models.

93JC

It was probably sold as part of a 'system', a set of amplifier/receiver, speakers, cassette player and maybe even a CD player. The rectifier and step-down transformer are probably built into the corresponding receiver. That's why there is no power button: it's supposed to be powered by the receiver. The plug is probably a proprietary design by Sony, meant to fit the corresponding male outlet on the receiver. I doubt anyone makes the correct plug other than Sony.

That's probably why you can't find much info about this turntable: they might not have even made an owner's manual for the individual turntable, just the system as a whole.

You could cut the plug off the cord and splice something else onto it, but I don't know what style of plug you should use... While you're at it you would probably want to splice in a power switch too.

I don't know... If I were you I'd probably sell this turntable and get another one.