User Tag List

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Nature is Round, and Humans are Square

Quote Originally Posted by kuranes View Post
    *Makes print-out of this Amazon page*
    If you like this, you might want to undertake Jean Gebser's "The Ever Present Origin" where he traces back human development through various levels of consciousness, which are all retained ( like the so-called "reptile brain" is still there in humans ) though superceded by new developments. As each comes into being, it is reflected in all aspects of human culture, and not just Science/Philosophy. For example, artists begin to use what is known as "perspective" in their works, to illustrate new ways of looking at time/space.
    Ooh, that sounds neat. Now, if I can just remember to check it out and not let it join the legion of cool things I've heard about, vowed to check out, and then promptly forgotten. *emailing myself*

Humans do not understand the DNA of the universe.
    I'm the Councilor, I'll be watching you.

Senior Member Array Nonsensical's Avatar

Perfectly resembles the tide us humans are pushing back..going against natures natural wave patterns..acting as unhumane as possible..think about it, we're acting less like humans each day.
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

Honest-to-goodness, there are days when I think "progress" is one of the worst concepts possible.

Edit: You know, Haight, taking your thoughts a step further, I'll say that women are inclined to "round" and men to "square."
    "No ray of sunshine is ever lost, but the green which it awakes into existence needs time to sprout, and it is not always granted to the sower to see the harvest. All work that is worth anything is done in faith." - Albert Schweitzer