• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

So I am lieeek addicted to Math

mathemagician

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx
I luvvv math:headphne::headphne::headphne:
anyone else here lovvveee math?????????:yes::yes::yes:
Let me know if you luv math and y? K?
If u don't luv math y not? kk

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
What kind of math do you like the best?

mathemagician

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx
oh i luv algebra and geometry, any math is good haha. I cant wait till I am older and can do harder math :wubbie::wubbie:

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Interesting. Most people prefer one or the other.

youfillmewithsuspicionandmisgiving-1.jpg

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
I completely read "Meth" instead. And was already with ways I'll help the OP with it.

But math addiction? The cure is a girlfriend.

edit: wait, you're a girl I think. So... that's cool. You don't need a cure... but a boyfriend wouldn't hurt.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I like both. I just don't like calculus. :yes:

I prefer geometry and logic. I had to be taught algebra a particular way before I caught it. I did okay in Algebra I but Algebra II was almost fail, so when I took college Algebra I basically had to re-learn it. Fortunately I had a good teacher.

guesswho

MBTI Type
ENTP
It's weird I used to like both.
I was actually asked which one do I like more in school and I couldn't decide.

Amethyst

¡MI TORTA!
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I prefer geometry and logic. I had to be taught algebra a particular way before I caught it. I did okay in Algebra I but Algebra II was almost fail, so when I took college Algebra I basically had to re-learn it. Fortunately I had a good teacher.

That was me and calculus for two years. In high school, I missed the most important class that was about the basics of calculus (I don't even remember) and I went to the teacher to try and understand it, but she was just pissy because I missed the class and gave me vague explanations. In college the same exact thing happened. Missed that SAME class, so through the whole semester I didn't really know what was going on, even though I probably could've done well if I applied my time to that class, but I was too focused on trying to pass chemistry (which didn't happen) :doh:

Just bad experiences made me not care for it, I guess. :shrug:

N

NPcomplete

If there's a thing I love, it's calculus. I don't even know why. It's just blind senseless love.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
That was me and calculus for two years. In high school, I missed the most important class that was about the basics of calculus (I don't even remember) and I went to the teacher to try and understand it, but she was just pissy because I missed the class and gave me vague explanations. In college the same exact thing happened. Missed that SAME class, so through the whole semester I didn't really know what was going on, even though I probably could've done well if I applied my time to that class, but I was too focused on trying to pass chemistry (which didn't happen) :doh:

Just bad experiences made me not care for it, I guess. :shrug:

Geometry and mathematical logic came quite naturally to me with very little problems. I did struggle with both Chemistry and Algebra II w/Trig in high school, though. HOWEVER, in college I found myself fascinated by chemistry...and also it being a break from my liberal arts classes and that sort of thinking...and for my college math I had this wonderful professor from Russia, and apparently Soviet mathematicians actually approached math differently , something to do with being able to explore math as an art form rather than for strictly "useful" money-making purposes, and it made it SO MUCH EASIER for me to get it. It seemed like a more holistic approach, but I recall others, especially one guy in particular, dropping the class because they hated the way he taught and found it unnecessary and confusing. I'm convinced this style of teaching math is more palatable to people who have a more natural bent for the liberal arts.

Craft

Probably Most Brilliant
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
This is silly. You don't "love" math, you figure it out.

Craft

Probably Most Brilliant
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
if you like figuring things out, then you are more inclined to be objective. If you are objective, then chances are your personal attachments won't project towards the object. In other words, the idea of "loving math" is near contradiction.

Math is an objective concern that requires objectivity and promotes objectivity. To truly love math means to have heightened capacity for objectivity, hence, the contradiction.

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA
Calculus, algebra and probability were my loves at school, geometry and statistics came later (maybe because statistics is less intuitive to start with). My dad gave me his old "handbook of mathematical functions" from the 60s when I was at high school. It was over a thousand pages filled with methods for solving every type of problem, and all the tables and information that you needed before calculators and internets were common. I got bored in year 11 and decided I'd learn every technique for solving integrals analytically from it. Yes, I'm a nerd. :nerd:

rav3n

Hey, that's cool that you enjoy math! There are many people who enjoy it but only some who have a real passion for it.

Came from a math intensive family where one brother was insane about it, lapping up whatever he could get his hands on. The rest besides my mother were also excellent at it. She wasn't bad either in her own ditzy way. Myself, had no problems with it although it wasn't of any major interest, primarily courses to get grades in.

sleepy

I never minded math. Geometry in particular was great. Not all thrilled with algebra. I stopped at differential equations level, math 3 or something at university. I did understand this enough to get through. But rarely did assignments, mostly showed up at lectures, was more engaged(if I can call it that). With chemistry it was my best classes. Hate physics. Never understood anything. Only got through because I got the math more intuitivly. Hate it with a passion.

Must have had some relative talent for geometry because the teacher tended to ask if I wanted to solve the problems on the board in front of the class when younger. Something I thought was fun, and could not understand what most of them struggled with.

There was specific things I found specifically fascinating. Like elimination method. Don't think it was gauss elimination, as I didn't like matrices. Maybe something else. Don't remember. Feels like a lifetime ago. Regret I didn't keep up. Still have these books. Hope I find the motivation to brush up at some point. I tended to forget all about it after the exam was finished, sadly. The prise to pay for late run up.

But love? naa, just doing as told, and minimal at that. Less boring I'd call it. Wish I had more love for it. Would have been a great thing to do for real.