• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Burning DVDs?

Amethyst

¡MI TORTA!
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
So, I've been trying to burn some files onto a DVD for me and my mom to use.

Is there an ideal program (that is also free) available where this can be done? I've been trying to do it with Windows Media Player and something else (I think it was Quicktime) where either the audio only worked or just the video.

Amethyst

¡MI TORTA!
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Also, if anyone feels like explaining the whole process, feel free to do so. I've never done this before. :D

KDude

You can burn by dragging files on to your DVD drive icon (in My Computer/Windows Explorer). That, or you can use a more user friendly program like Nero or Roxio. Their main benefit is helping where to organize files, and doing little cosmetic things with labels, etc.. If you're just trying to burn video files so they play on a DVD player, those apps make it a easier as well. There's a free one called InfraRecorder. Try it.

You might already have a factory installed version of Roxio or Nero, so double check that.

Octarine

The Eighth Colour
MBTI Type
Aeon
Enneagram
10w
Instinctual Variant
so
IMGBurn! (free)
1. Download, Install. http://www.imgburn.com/index.php?act=download
2. Run and select files/folders to disc (from the Wizard that runs automatically)
3. Press the magnifying glass icon to browse for the files, insert DVD. (I recommend Verbatim DVD+R)
4. Click the large folder to disk icon at the bottom to burn.

It might also ask you to give the disc Volume Label and you can call it whatever you want.