What would you like to see in the new iPhone - both the OS and hardware.
I'm not so concerned with things Apple will clearly never do (interchangeable batter, flash, etc..). I'm interested in things they aren't definitively against. I'm also not interested in the network that the phone runs on. Again, just the phone and OS itself.
- Faster, of course. Processor, RAM, graphics card, etc...
- First nearly indestructible smartphone. I want ricochet it off a rock into Niagara Falls, jetty it into space, and have it re-enter the atmosphere, landing on my concrete driveway... all while Facetime'ing in HD.
- Badass battery life
- 32G (basic) and 64G of memory
- Message indicator light
- (3D?) OLED Retina Display
- Better sound from built-in speakers
- Speaker-phone that's actually useful
- 5MP front facing camera with flash
- 8MP rear camera with improved lowlight
- 1080p video (i doubt this will happen considering Apple TV's 720 output)
- Maybe two rear cameras for 3D pictures/videos?
- Holographic projector?
- Custom MMS tones
- Custom email tones for different email accounts
- Better Photos app. Search Photos by tags; add ‘more info’ option for photos, display date taken, geotag info, faces, tags, camera info, etc. Rotate pics, allow copying of more than 5 pictures, allow editing the maximum picture/video sharing size.
- Organized Notifications. It seems like Apple fails to make decent use of the lock screen. If I have multiple notifications, right now I only see the first notification on the lock screen. Once I unlock my device I'm hit by a flurry of unorganized notifications.
- Individual time labeling for text messages while in editing mode. I can't find out the exact times the individual messages were send/received
- Google turn-by-turn voice directions
- Landscape mode of basic apps
- Improved/additional app organizing system. I have over 120 apps, it's hard to keep count. Maybe something similar to iTunes? Organizing them automatically alphabetically, most used, by genre, something?
- Implement landscape keyboard support in all settings screens and universally in all applications
- In the calendar if appointment location is address, make it freaking clickable please and link to map! and the ability to drag appointments in day(/week)/month view to change the date and time
- Allow voice mails to be ‘shared’ like voice memos
- Sync voice mails via iTunes and allow backup/archiving
- Phone: on ‘Recents’, add ‘In’ and ‘Out’ options to ‘All’ and ‘Missed’, allowing you to filter only for incoming and outgoing calls
- Allow individual contacts to be made into home screen icons – tap to dial pre-defined number
- An alarm clock that works even of the phone is off
- Wireless Syncing. 'Nuf said.
- Printing. Yay!
That's all for now. For now...