• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

iPhone 5 ideas

Argus

MBTI Type
ENTP
What would you like to see in the new iPhone - both the OS and hardware.

I'm not so concerned with things Apple will clearly never do (interchangeable batter, flash, etc..). I'm interested in things they aren't definitively against. I'm also not interested in the network that the phone runs on. Again, just the phone and OS itself.

Hardware:

- Faster, of course. Processor, RAM, graphics card, etc...

- First nearly indestructible smartphone. I want ricochet it off a rock into Niagara Falls, jetty it into space, and have it re-enter the atmosphere, landing on my concrete driveway... all while Facetime'ing in HD.

- Badass battery life

- 32G (basic) and 64G of memory

- Message indicator light

- (3D?) OLED Retina Display

- Better sound from built-in speakers

- Speaker-phone that's actually useful

- 5MP front facing camera with flash

- 8MP rear camera with improved lowlight

- 1080p video (i doubt this will happen considering Apple TV's 720 output)

- Maybe two rear cameras for 3D pictures/videos?

- Holographic projector?

IOS:

- Custom MMS tones

- Custom email tones for different email accounts

- Better Photos app. Search Photos by tags; add ‘more info’ option for photos, display date taken, geotag info, faces, tags, camera info, etc. Rotate pics, allow copying of more than 5 pictures, allow editing the maximum picture/video sharing size.

- Organized Notifications. It seems like Apple fails to make decent use of the lock screen. If I have multiple notifications, right now I only see the first notification on the lock screen. Once I unlock my device I'm hit by a flurry of unorganized notifications.

- Individual time labeling for text messages while in editing mode. I can't find out the exact times the individual messages were send/received

- Google turn-by-turn voice directions

- Landscape mode of basic apps

- Improved/additional app organizing system. I have over 120 apps, it's hard to keep count. Maybe something similar to iTunes? Organizing them automatically alphabetically, most used, by genre, something?

- Implement landscape keyboard support in all settings screens and universally in all applications

- In the calendar if appointment location is address, make it freaking clickable please and link to map! and the ability to drag appointments in day(/week)/month view to change the date and time

- Allow voice mails to be ‘shared’ like voice memos

- Sync voice mails via iTunes and allow backup/archiving

- Phone: on ‘Recents’, add ‘In’ and ‘Out’ options to ‘All’ and ‘Missed’, allowing you to filter only for incoming and outgoing calls

- Allow individual contacts to be made into home screen icons – tap to dial pre-defined number

- An alarm clock that works even of the phone is off

- Wireless Syncing. 'Nuf said.

- Printing. Yay!

That's all for now. For now...

Argus

MBTI Type
ENTP
Works better than my PC.

People always complain about the iPhone because of AT&T's service, or there lack of - UNLESS you live on the west coast, particularly the northwest, in which case you're getting some of the best cellular service out of all carriers in the US. So if you live there like I do Verizon and Sprint can suck it. I always have full bars, always have fast 3G, never drop calls, never fail a text, can always use the internet... everything, well, just works.

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
If I can't use the 5 as a hover craft, Apple isn't advancing quickly enough.

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I want speech to text built in. I want to be able to change the built in keyboard with an app.

That's about the only big things I miss in my iPhone 4

Arclight

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
I would like to this feature..

The phone senses when you are spending more time on it than you are with the people/person you are with or when you are at work, and shuts itself off for 4 hours, any attempt to circumvent the temporary block and the phone self destructs.

Nijntje

Warflower
MBTI Type
CRZY
Enneagram
4w5
- First nearly indestructible smartphone. I want ricochet it off a rock into Niagara Falls, jetty it into space, and have it re-enter the atmosphere, landing on my concrete driveway... all while Facetime'ing in HD.

- Badass battery life

- Speaker-phone that's actually useful

- Holographic projector?

- An alarm clock that works even of the phone is off

- Printing. Yay!

That's all for now. For now...

These. and an easier way for me to assign different message and ringtones to people. It's a pain in the arse.

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
also, don't turn the screen sideways automatically, because sometimes I want to lay in bed and text/surf the internet horizontally!

Chloe

multitasking!!! It annoys me I cant listen youtube while reading something...

Chloe

also, don't turn the screen sideways automatically, because sometimes I want to lay in bed and text/surf the internet horizontally!

yes. there should be an option, like some kind of button, to turn off screen switch. Laying in bed is very difficult with iPhone. Once it even fell on my head. :shrug::D

Snuggletron

Reptilian
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
That would be easy, they could just be front-mounted :D

1289875666060.gif

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
yes. there should be an option, like some kind of button, to turn off screen switch. Laying in bed is very difficult with iPhone. Once it even fell on my head. :shrug::D

There is a button on the iPhone 4 but you can only lock it vertically.

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA
- Wireless Syncing. 'Nuf said.

- Printing. Yay!

A complete, adaptable OS would be nice, so you could just add functions like this later or someone third party could program them for users.

I wouldn't mind an option to cache the google maps for your local area (eg. city) either. So you could navigate better offline. (not sure how large they would be). I think it already caches where you've looked last, but an option for caching a radius around you or the city centre would be cool.

I second multitasking improvements too. I think the interface for changing apps (at least on iPhone3) is more suited to those who think before clicking than those who want to quickly switch between things on the fly.