User Tag List

First 12

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

I agree with Eck, a theory about states and circles hasnt any real connection so far and therefore seems a bit like hovering over experimental physics. But well there's a reason people differentiate between theorethical and experimental ( tho I'ld like to add philosophical to that list, cause many things have no real connection to physics or astronomy ).

Maybe you want to read more about M-theory or membrane - theory, it deals a bit with the thing you are proposing. The idea is that there are multiple layers of spacetime out there, which lay like satin on top of each others, influencing each others. This idea originated from an explanation attempt regarding the gravitational force, which is according to theory a force that could exist in all layers of dimension and that could be the case why it's only so weak in our dimension, where we experience it.

I've found the circle you drew to religion, very ridicioulus, tho I find your attempt of doing so very brave. If you dig a bit into electromagnetism, you'll find that there are some constants in the universe. Like for example the Planck constant. This is a fundamental constant necessary for energy to exist, if it had been of any different value, energy as we know it wouldnt have the proportions it has and prolly couldnt have formed matter. Next to that there's the gravitational constant, which if it was only a slight bit of would have made it impossible for our solar system to form, so would have made it impossible for the planets to revolve around the sun like they do.

This phenomna you could use for a religious interpretation, like "did God set the values ?!" Physics say the bigbang happened multiple times, like a billion times, before a state was achieved in which it was possible for the universe to exist like it does today. I tend to believe physics on this but who knows maybe it was God ? Or Hankey, the christmas poo
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj

M theory assumes the medium the branes are embedded in is space (higher dimensional, that is). This idea suggests it's this different medium parallel realities are embedded in. Because the mediums are interchangeable, both can somehow be true, as they can act like each other under the right circumstances.

But I believe the universal constants are apart of the Standard Model, and the whole point of that orbifold tunneling theory I mentioned (which is from Kaku, not my idea on religion) is that everything would be different in other orbifolds. If the universe were to tunnel to a different state, a bubble would appear and expand outward at the speed of light and engulf the universe. All the laws would change, and matter would break apart and reform itself in new ways.
    (At least I assumed the Planck and gravitational constants were affected by that. I could be wrong, and would have to look at it again. Of course, yes; God could create any constants in any orbifolds).
    APS Profile: Inclusion: e/w=1/6 (Supine) |Control: e/w=7/3 (Choleric) |Affection: e/w=1/9 (Supine)
    Ti 54.3 | Ne 47.3 | Si 37.8 | Fe 17.7 | Te 22.5 | Ni 13.4 | Se 18.9 | Fi 27.9

Temperament (APS) from scratch -- MBTI Type from scratch
    Type Ideas

A window to the soul

Eric B, Brilliant, as usual!

Entropie, I thought my fellow Germans were a little smarter than that. The Big Bang & Hanky the Christmas Poo? Nonsense!

ReflecTcelfeR

Great ideas. I wonder if... Thought! I was studying carbohydrates within our body in Chemistry today. Big, comparitively speaking, but the fatty acids that connect to the glycogen (I believe it's called, or something like that) are all linear and packed together. Perhaps the universes are structured like the geometry of the fatty acid, they are a whole triglycerides. Shawty connections but as numbers grow really small and really big they both approach infinity, right? We can learn the structure of the universe by looking at the smallest gemotrical shape (besides the point). Which would also mean that electromagnegativity would be holding the universes together! The line would be from the center of one atom to another.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj

The smallest objects would be the strings themselves (10-35m). According to string theory (at least as taught by Brian Greene), space itself might be made of strings. Beneath those, the medium they are embedded in is not space.
    APS Profile: Inclusion: e/w=1/6 (Supine) |Control: e/w=7/3 (Choleric) |Affection: e/w=1/9 (Supine)

Type Ideas

ReflecTcelfeR

Well, alright then. Sorry for that.

MBTI
    INFP

It's very late at night and I've had a lot to drink, but your idea still doesn't make a lot of sense to me (those things usually help with deep theoretical thought ).

Dimensions have scalar values (I'm not sure [not a physicist] but I think that's pretty much required of them) so I don't think 'chance' could be considered a dimension. If what you're trying to find an explanation for is all those weird quantum effects, I prefer the whole brane thing. If it's causality, I like the idea of time being another dimension that's expanding along with the universe's spatial dimensions. If you're looking for some continuum that exists beneath all the other dimensions, well that's not really what's meant by a continuum. I think I need to add some of this kind of stuff to my reading list (though maybe not Kaku, he's too much of a T.V. whore).

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj

Dimensions are considered vectors, not scalars (as far as I know). In fact, another term for what I'm calling a "continuum" is "vector space".

Type Ideas

MBTI
    INFP

Aye, they have scalar value and the fact that they are a dimension makes it a vector. No contradiction

What I was interested in is if there is any specific problem you were trying to tackle with your idea or if it was just a different way of looking at things, and if it's the latter what does it add?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj

It's the latter, and what it adds is that this "chance" dimension might be able to figure in theoretical equations calling for various dimensions that are currently assumed to be space or time; such as the tiny (10 -35m) "extra" dimensions of string theory that figure in the notion of "probability" and "potentiality".

Type Ideas