• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Windows 7 FREE for 90 Days...

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
REAL WORLD KNOWLEDGE from HALLA!!!

Windows 7 Enterprise Edition FREE 90 Day Trial

Halla's Download Quick Notes:

Microsoft offers a download of Windows 7 Enterprise Edition that is free to use for 90 days. (NOTE: Most Windows operating systems are free for only 30 days.)

I think this is a great find because it allows you to load up a PC or laptop that is experiencing problems with the operating system (maybe it is not legit, maybe it is corrupt, etc. :whistling:) with Microsoft's newest, slickest OS yet for THREE FULL MONTHS AT NO COST.

Furthermore, I have included links to the free products I always install on PCs/laptops I work on in order to make them fully functional without any additonal cost.

So, below are links to the following products: (1) AVG version 9 FREE Edition Virus Protection, (2) SpyBot Search & Destroy Anti-Adware/Malware FREE Tool, (3) OpenOffice Productivity Suite, fully compatiblwe with MS Office, and its FREE, (4) Adobe Acrobat Reader, (5) Adobe Flash Player, (6) Adobe Shockwave Player, (7) Adobe AIR, and (8) Apple iTunes.

If you install these products in the order they are listed you can load a fully functional and secure PC in about an hour. Remember, its only good for 90 days, and you will get prompted to buy the operating system at the end of the trial. I highly recommend you BACKUP YOUR FILES during the trial and immediately before it expires, so you have no chance of losing anything.

Sometimes, you need a working computer and have no cash to pay for the operating systems and applications you need to do everyday work and school tasks. Now you have 90 days to figure out your long term solution, with no loss of productivity in the here and now. None of these programs are limited in functionality in any way. Have at it! ;-)

-Halla

Windows 7 Enterprise Edition 90 Day FREE Download:
Windows 7 Enterprise | Trial, Evaluation, Test, Download

AVG v9 Free Edition (Virus Protection):
http://download.avgfree.com/filedir/inst/avg_free_stf_en_90_851a3009.exe

SpyBot Search & Destroy:
The home of Spybot-S&D!

OpenOffice Productivity Suite (Also Loads JAVA):
download: OpenOffice.org Downloads

Adobe Acrobat Reader:
http://ardownload.adobe.com/pub/adobe/reader/win/9.x/9.3.3/enu/AdbeRdr933_en_US.exe

Adobe Flash Player:
Adobe - Adobe Flash Player

Adobe Shockwave Player:
Adobe - Adobe Shockwave Player

Adobe AIR:
Adobe - Adobe AIR

Apple iTunes:
Apple - iTunes - Everything you need to be entertained.

Spamtar

Ghost Monkey Soul
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Would the download of this OS work on a non Windows computer? (i.e. Linux)

Donna Cecilia

L'anima non dimora
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Thanks a lot for the links.

I was going to buy Win7. This is much easier.

Xander

Lex Parsimoniae
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w8
One small issue. Should you love your PC the way it is set up no retail key will work on it even if you did buy one. Oh and a quick google just made me choke on my coffee at the price of enterprise edition just in case you were thinking of going legit.

Easier to reformat every month IMO... or buy the home edition.

The one thing I'll never ever even consider a pirate, trial or special deal is an OS. Everything else relies on it, why take chances.

Oh and someone remind me of that please next time I think of trying Linux on a dual boot or some such daftness.

Thanks.

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Would the download of this OS work on a non Windows computer? (i.e. Linux)

If you are using Linux as your operating system, you can download the ISO DVD image just like you would any other file. If you have an Internet browser and an Internet connection on your Linux box, then you can download any of the files I posted links to in the OP.

NOTE: Once you obtain the Windows 7 Enterprise DVD ISO image, you must burn it to a DVD. Then, reboot your computer, and hit "F2" to enter your BIOS (Basic Input Output System) and select the menu that controls your "DRIVES" or "BOOT SEQUENCE." Your DVD drive needs to be the #1 drive in the boot sequence, so if your hard drive ( "C:" ) is the first drive, or the USB port, move those down in priority and make the DVD drive the first drive that the system checks upon each boot. Once this is done you simply save the changes to the BIOS, close out of it, put the Windows 7 DVDV in the DVD drive, and turn the computer off. When you turn it on the DVD drive will be checked for media, and the Windows 7 autorun.inf file will kick in the installation process.

Thanks a lot for the links.

I was going to buy Win7. This is much easier.

You are very welcome! :)

Remember, it's only 90 days for free. Actually, its a little more, because I did not register my copy for over a week, and then it made me, so I am getting 99 days for FREE. :newwink:

One small issue. Should you love your PC the way it is set up no retail key will work on it even if you did buy one.

Correct.

Oh and a quick google just made me choke on my coffee at the price of enterprise edition just in case you were thinking of going legit.

There's no reason for consumers to consider PURCHASE of the Enterprise Edition of Windows 7. Windows 7 Enterprise Edition is for businesses, whether small, corporate, or even government agencies. It's the same OS, but has a few more networking features just like the difference between XP Home, and XP Professional.

The reason I like this version of the OS for evaluation purposes is that it gives you 3 times longer than the Home Edition to make up your mind...or save for a legit copy of the Home Edition. Reformatting a PC every 30 days is a pain in the ass if you don't have to do it, then that's time saved for more important and/or enjoyable things. :D

Easier to reformat every month IMO... or buy the home edition.

Not everyone is computer savvy or even patient enough to desire reformatting their system every month.

My point in the OP was not to compel people to buy Enterprise Edition, I wrote this thread up as a reference for people who have a PC whose hardware is in good order, but whose OS is screwed up. Sure it's better to buy Home Edition and be done with it, but if you don't have the money to do that, then it is not an option. 90 days is enough time for most people to save or make an extra $150, that is the point of my posting this. If you are in school and can prove student status, then you can get Windows 7 for cheaper.

The one thing I'll never ever even consider a pirate, trial or special deal is an OS. Everything else relies on it, why take chances.

I totally agree with you on this. I have a digital audio workstation PC, and my OS is always legit. I don't even run expired/cracked versions of MS Office, I bought the student edition for $70.

Oh and someone remind me of that please next time I think of trying Linux on a dual boot or some such daftness.

Thanks.

I have yet to mess with Linux, but I will one day. Linux MINT is supposed to be cool. Ubuntuu Studio is also cool as it is automatically configured to process low latency audio. :headphne:

:solidarity: