Let me count the ways Betty Blue's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7W6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Default Question, calling all tekkies knowledgeable in adware/spamware

I have this terrible horrible nasty attached evilness in two of my hotmail accounts.
    It sends emails as if from me to various contacts randomly, some kind of sales spamming site. The site changes regularly and it's in China. I have tried to contact them many times through emails and their supposed chat window but surprise surprise no joy there.
    Is there anything i can do to get rid without changing/deleting my accounts and staring up afresh?
    Can i report it, will that take forever?

Thank e
    "We knew he was someone who had a tragic flaw, that's where his greatness came from"

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6

Quote Originally Posted by GemPOPGem View Post
    I have this terrible horrible nasty attached evilness in two of my hotmail accounts.
    It sends emails as if from me to various contacts randomly, some kind of sales spamming site. The site changes regularly and it's in China. I have tried to contact them many times through emails and their supposed chat window but surprise surprise no joy there.
    Is there anything i can do to get rid without changing/deleting my accounts and staring up afresh?
    Can i report it, will that take forever?

Thank e
    Have you tride simply changing the account password? Sounds too easy, I know, but give it a shot.
    Don't make whine out of sour grapes.

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Sounds like your accounts were phished, what you can do is change your passwords and your security questions.

That might take care of the problem, but you can also make sure there aren't any keyloggers or spy software tracking you, you can download KeyScrambler. And if you want to do a system scan just to get crap off your PC you can get Malwarebytes. Both are free.

Let me count the ways Betty Blue's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7W6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    Have you tride simply changing the account password? Sounds too easy, I know, but give it a shot.
    Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    Sounds like your accounts were phished, what you can do is change your passwords and your security questions.

That might take care of the problem, but you can also make sure there aren't any keyloggers or spy software tracking you, you can download KeyScrambler. And if you want to do a system scan just to get crap off your PC you can get Malwarebytes. Both are free.

Thanks for your info & recommendations, now implemented,
    heres hoping....
    Thank you both very much.
    "We knew he was someone who had a tragic flaw, that's where his greatness came from"