User Tag List

Results 1 to 4 of 4

  1. #1
    Let me count the ways Betty Blue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7W6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE
    Posts
    4,797

    Default Question, calling all tekkies knowledgeable in adware/spamware

    I have this terrible horrible nasty attached evilness in two of my hotmail accounts.
    It sends emails as if from me to various contacts randomly, some kind of sales spamming site. The site changes regularly and it's in China. I have tried to contact them many times through emails and their supposed chat window but surprise surprise no joy there.
    Is there anything i can do to get rid without changing/deleting my accounts and staring up afresh?
    Can i report it, will that take forever?

    Thank e
    "We knew he was someone who had a tragic flaw, that's where his greatness came from"

  2. #2
    Supreme High Commander Andy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6
    Posts
    1,108

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GemPOPGem View Post
    I have this terrible horrible nasty attached evilness in two of my hotmail accounts.
    It sends emails as if from me to various contacts randomly, some kind of sales spamming site. The site changes regularly and it's in China. I have tried to contact them many times through emails and their supposed chat window but surprise surprise no joy there.
    Is there anything i can do to get rid without changing/deleting my accounts and staring up afresh?
    Can i report it, will that take forever?

    Thank e
    Have you tride simply changing the account password? Sounds too easy, I know, but give it a shot.
    Don't make whine out of sour grapes.

  3. #3
    Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    7,917

    Default

    Sounds like your accounts were phished, what you can do is change your passwords and your security questions.

    That might take care of the problem, but you can also make sure there aren't any keyloggers or spy software tracking you, you can download KeyScrambler. And if you want to do a system scan just to get crap off your PC you can get Malwarebytes. Both are free.

  4. #4
    Let me count the ways Betty Blue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7W6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE
    Posts
    4,797

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    Have you tride simply changing the account password? Sounds too easy, I know, but give it a shot.
    Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    Sounds like your accounts were phished, what you can do is change your passwords and your security questions.

    That might take care of the problem, but you can also make sure there aren't any keyloggers or spy software tracking you, you can download KeyScrambler. And if you want to do a system scan just to get crap off your PC you can get Malwarebytes. Both are free.

    Thanks for your info & recommendations, now implemented,
    heres hoping....
    Thank you both very much.
    "We knew he was someone who had a tragic flaw, that's where his greatness came from"

Similar Threads

  1. [MBTItm] A question for all the INTx ladies...
    By Angry Ayrab in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 69
    Last Post: 06-21-2009, 11:21 AM
  2. [ENFJ] Calling all ENFJs!
    By Littlelostnf in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 12-23-2007, 07:48 PM
  3. [MBTItm] Calling all shoppers...
    By Sandy in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 47
    Last Post: 11-26-2007, 05:18 PM
  4. A question for all
    By disregard in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 06-03-2007, 08:21 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO