• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Question, calling all tekkies knowledgeable in adware/spamware

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I have this terrible horrible nasty attached evilness in two of my hotmail accounts.
It sends emails as if from me to various contacts randomly, some kind of sales spamming site. The site changes regularly and it's in China. I have tried to contact them many times through emails and their supposed chat window but surprise surprise no joy there.
Is there anything i can do to get rid without changing/deleting my accounts and staring up afresh?
Can i report it, will that take forever?

Thank e

Andy

Supreme High Commander
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
I have this terrible horrible nasty attached evilness in two of my hotmail accounts.
It sends emails as if from me to various contacts randomly, some kind of sales spamming site. The site changes regularly and it's in China. I have tried to contact them many times through emails and their supposed chat window but surprise surprise no joy there.
Is there anything i can do to get rid without changing/deleting my accounts and staring up afresh?
Can i report it, will that take forever?

Thank e

Have you tride simply changing the account password? Sounds too easy, I know, but give it a shot.

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
Sounds like your accounts were phished, what you can do is change your passwords and your security questions.

That might take care of the problem, but you can also make sure there aren't any keyloggers or spy software tracking you, you can download KeyScrambler. And if you want to do a system scan just to get crap off your PC you can get Malwarebytes. Both are free.

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Have you tride simply changing the account password? Sounds too easy, I know, but give it a shot.

Sounds like your accounts were phished, what you can do is change your passwords and your security questions.

That might take care of the problem, but you can also make sure there aren't any keyloggers or spy software tracking you, you can download KeyScrambler. And if you want to do a system scan just to get crap off your PC you can get Malwarebytes. Both are free.

Thanks for your info & recommendations, now implemented,
heres hoping....
Thank you both very much.