Thread: iPhone Apps

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    2w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    INFj None

Default iPhone Apps

Do you guys have any faves, recommendations or disapproval of apps for iphone? Please share!

So far one of my faves is "The Spot" and "SongMate" where these keep track of songs you listen to on your iphone. You gain coins on both so that you can buy gifts for others or buy bands on "the spot." Both of them are networking sites where you can see others who are using the app sorted by age range, sex, and nearest location. Find people who like some of your fave bands/artists and chat

most of mine are foto apps.

hipstamatic wins my heart
    Hipstamatic iPhone App - Digital Photography Never Looked So Analog

andigraf is also fun.
    Andigraf - Multishot Toy Camera
    every normal man must be tempted, at times,
    to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag,
    and begin slitting throats.
    h.l. mencken

MBTI
    INFP

Calengoo! I keep my life organised on this thing. It costs though. It's an app that syncs with your google calendar.

MBTI
    ISTx

A simple one that I use frequently (only for iPhone 4) makes use of the LED flash (intended for taking pictures). Activating the app makes the light stay on, intended for use as a small flash-light. I use it frequently going out to my truck at night or looking around a dark room.

It's called A Flash Flashlight Free

I also use TextFree. When you download the app, you'll actually register for a phone number (free of charge), and you can use the application with standard cell phone signal or solely on a Wi-Fi network. Not only can you text free with it, but it makes it convenient for me, because I have no cell signal at my parent's (where I'm currently living) but we do have Wi-Fi. The application looks a lot like the standard texting app that the iPhone comes with, so it's easy to use. You can pull contacts from your address book the same way too.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    2w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    INFj None

cool guys, i hadn't heard of any of those before, i'll prob get them all! lol i'm on an app craze right now. just got the iphone4 last wk, my sis got one too so we can do the face time chat.

Other apps to check out:

*for iphone4 users, there's an app that you can register for and order a free cover. you need an itunes store login and password because it's done through apple: iPhone 4 Case Program for iPhone 4 on the iTunes App Store

*someone just told me about FFM, for sharing free photo and text messages. the app is also free: Free Foto Messenger: FFM for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad on the iTunes App Store
    Edit: you create a screen name and then have to add buddies who also share the app in order to talk to them and exchange pics, it's like a messenger

*i downloaded the Aeolian Harp for $1.99 cuz i'm a dork and like to play with instruments and with pretty things. this is pretty cool, kind of relaxing and soothing actually. you get to experiment with this circle of strings divided into fourths, each fourth is represented by an instrument such as a harp, guitar, sitar and marimba. the visuals are really cool looking, but i imagine how this would look so much better in an iPad due to the bigger screen. Aeolian Harp for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad on the iTunes App Store

*If you are an avid movie netflix watcher and have an account with them, you should probably d/l this free app...so long as you have constant access to wifi so that you don't go overboard on your data monthly pkg. http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/netflix/id363590051?mt=8
    Last edited by luminous beam; 09-01-2010 at 07:56 PM. Reason: updated info

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    2w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    INFj None

I am going to add a few more apps I think are pretty cool.

Wondershare iDraft
    you can use it like a notepad, doodle, jot down notes and save them. 99 cents.
    Wondershare iDraft for iPad on the iTunes App Store

AT&T wireless mobile
    i love how practical this app is. it keeps track of your att account, any phone lines under it. keeps track of the minutes, texts and data usage. i love it so this way i know if i'm close to going over my data plan, texts or mins. FREE.
    AT&T myWireless Mobile for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad on the iTunes App Store

TextPlus
    this is awesome cuz i actually already went over my text limit and this allows me to text any phone for free using my own number! i didn't have to create any new # or acct. however, you can create a user name and acct and text and exchange pics with your friends like that other app i mentioned, the FFM...however, it is not necessary. FREE but w/ads. they have an ad free app for $2.99
    http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/textp...314487667?mt=8

MBTI
    ISTx

Quote Originally Posted by luminous beam View Post
    TextPlus
    this is awesome cuz i actually already went over my text limit and this allows me to text any phone for free using my own number! i didn't have to create any new # or acct. however, you can create a user name and acct and text and exchange pics with your friends like that other app i mentioned, the FFM...however, it is not necessary. FREE but w/ads. they have an ad free app for $2.99
    http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/textp...314487667?mt=8
    Looks like a deal right there... I'm going to have to get this one when I have more than $3 in my bank account.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    2w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    INFj None

Quote Originally Posted by Beat View Post
    Looks like a deal right there... I'm going to have to get this one when I have more than $3 in my bank account.
    lol well, they also have a free version. you should use that on the meantime. the paid app just doesn't have ads on it, but i don't think it's a big deal/distraction.

Banned
    MBTI
    IxFx
    Enneagram
    5w4

I don't have iPhone, but I have Sony Ericsson Vivaz and with it I got Skype app.
    My monthly 3G subscription opens today, so now I can call for free to Skype users
    from my phone, where ever, whenever =)

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

Got my phone last week and am addicted to the apps. My daughter had an iPod and I went through many of the apps but now I have GPS and photo apps.

I'm not getting the hipstomatic love. I got it and it's "fun" but I'm really not liking that it doesn't save a non manipulated pic. I also don't like how much it actually costs to get all the add ons. (I did get them all.) I'm currently in love with

Lo mob: lo-mob for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad on the iTunes App Store

I like ClearCam a lot too, it can either take four photos and save the clearest, or take six photos and merge them into a better photo. I JUST realized looking it up that it actually saves it as a larger photo that's clearer than the originals - you can zoom in farther. Crazy!

ClearCam for iPhone on the iTunes App Store

At this point I'm using PageScanner to keep my scans/OCRs in order. The OCR isn't ok but I usually just keep the pics in order. I have different folders for each kid and my stuff. It's a nice document sorter, not sure if there are better apps. It also makes pdfs of the data or emails it.

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/page-...368331275?mt=8

I didn't realize how many paid apps I have. AH!