• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

iPhone Apps

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
Is the most recent Facebook update (came out a week or two ago) buggy as hell for anyone else?

mmhmm

meinmeinmein!
Is the most recent Facebook update (came out a week or two ago) buggy as hell for anyone else?

in terms of notification messages... like it'll pop up and say i have 70
new notifications... when i don't...

is that what you mean?

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
That's one of them. Also, normally when I have notifications it displays the notice along the bottom in that red strip, when I have the app opened. It isn't usually showing it anymore, but when it does, the notice won't go away. Even after I click the red strip and view my notifications it stays there (even after newer notifications have come in). I have to power off my phone and reboot it in order to have it refresh.

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
Good call. Do you have an iPhone 4 (I do)? Although if you have OS 4, which I imagine you do, I guess it makes no difference?

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Wow, I really appreciated this. I would never have spent the money without this recommendation. We have two iphones and an ipod that can use it so it's not really "expensive" once we get the app. I've really been enjoying it and tonight I was playing with my daughter. :D Thanks!

What does the livestrong app do?

Depict: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/depict/id340772215?mt=8

The game is essentially an online version of Pictionary. Each player in the round must draw a picture using the touch-screen, and the other players must figure out what the picture is from a group of multi-choice answers.

It sounds simple in concept, but I swear to you, it is seriously the most addictive game on the entire App Store that i have ever played, period.

Argus

MBTI Type
ENTP
Tango. 3G video chat. It works as it should - simple and quick. Makes traditional phone calls feel archaic.

Facebook. This is an essential app from the get-go, and it's been steadily evolving—like the site—for the last year. Version 3.0 was a total refresh, and supports nearly every one of Facebook's sprawling features, sometimes better than the site itself.

Yelp. Yelp is built on the premise that people really, really love to review things, and that this bizarre impulse should be harnessed for good. With a massive database of food/drink/everything else reviews, easy navigation, inbuilt maps, and augmented reality.

Flixster. One of the best movie applications available (also one of my favorites), and as an added bonus: it’s free!

SoundHound. Social music search service, powered by a community-created database. Originally known as Midomi, the iPhone app isn’t as popular as Shazam - but that’s not to say it isn’t more effective. In contrast to Shazam, SoundHound can recognize tunes that are hummed or sung.

RedLazer. Ever wondered if you can get a better deal on that cool item at Target? Scan the barcode and it searches the internet for the best deals.

Netflix. TV in your pocket. Stream movies on your iPhone. I recommend using WiFi if you are a heavy internet user. an 89min movie takes about 300MB.

Hipstamatic. Probably the most cleverly designed of the iPhone photography apps, and certainly among the most loved, Hipstamatic's recent upgrade brings all sorts of good stuff.

Geocaching. This simply-named app offers real-time access to new information in the databases at geocaching.com. Search more than 800,000 worldwide geocaches, access their details, and let the hunt begin!

Fruit Ninja. Such a simple concept it's impossible to put down. Just swipe your finger across the screen to slash the fruit. Zen Mode lasts a minute and a half - just long enough to sneak a game in line at the grocery store.

Cut the Rope. My latest discovery! Charming graphics, simple gameplay that gets complexity steadily layered on top of it in a way that feels natural, almost without even feeling like it’s getting more difficult.

Words With Friends. Similar to Scrabble, Words With Friends allows you to play against a random opponent or someone you know, all in real time.

luminous beam

♪♫♪♫♪♫
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Tango. 3G video chat. It works as it should - simple and quick. Makes traditional phone calls feel archaic. Awesome, I was kind of bummed that vid chat only worked with wifi, but if this works that rules!

Facebook. This is an essential app from the get-go, and it's been steadily evolving—like the site—for the last year. Version 3.0 was a total refresh, and supports nearly every one of Facebook's sprawling features, sometimes better than the site itself. Don't use facebook as much as I used to, however, I do have and use the Farmville app lol

Yelp. Yelp is built on the premise that people really, really love to review things, and that this bizarre impulse should be harnessed for good. With a massive database of food/drink/everything else reviews, easy navigation, inbuilt maps, and augmented reality. Cool, I've used yelp online before but not on iphone, will try it out.

Flixster. One of the best movie applications available (also one of my favorites), and as an added bonus: it’s free! Nice, too bad hulu is a paid for app...that's bs.

SoundHound. Social music search service, powered by a community-created database. Originally known as Midomi, the iPhone app isn’t as popular as Shazam - but that’s not to say it isn’t more effective. In contrast to Shazam, SoundHound can recognize tunes that are hummed or sung. I d/l'ed Shazam a long time ago and I've yet to put it to the test really. I thought I'd be using that shit left and right.

RedLazer. Ever wondered if you can get a better deal on that cool item at Target? Scan the barcode and it searches the internet for the best deals. Check

Netflix. TV in your pocket. Stream movies on your iPhone. I recommend using WiFi if you are a heavy internet user. an 89min movie takes about 300MB. Always use it around wifi, check.

Hipstamatic. Probably the most cleverly designed of the iPhone photography apps, and certainly among the most loved, Hipstamatic's recent upgrade brings all sorts of good stuff. Curious about this.

Geocaching. This simply-named app offers real-time access to new information in the databases at geocaching.com. Search more than 800,000 worldwide geocaches, access their details, and let the hunt begin! ?

Fruit Ninja. Such a simple concept it's impossible to put down. Just swipe your finger across the screen to slash the fruit. Zen Mode lasts a minute and a half - just long enough to sneak a game in line at the grocery store.

Cut the Rope. My latest discovery! Charming graphics, simple gameplay that gets complexity steadily layered on top of it in a way that feels natural, almost without even feeling like it’s getting more difficult.

Words With Friends. Similar to Scrabble, Words With Friends allows you to play against a random opponent or someone you know, all in real time.
The games also sound fun, will try. Anyone use Pocket Frogs? I'm addicted to that!

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Facebook
Types - (Search for Dario Nardi)
Zagat to Go

Are good

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I find hipstamatic is overhyped, doesn't save original pictures and costs a lot. Not overly thrilled with it.

Argus

MBTI Type
ENTP
GiPhone.png

Google. Yeah, there's no two ways about it: you have to have Google's Swiss Army Knife app on your iPhone. Search the internet by voice, location, or now, with the recent addition of Google goggles, by picture and barcode. Free.

256px-Google_voice.svg.png

Google Voice. Make calls and send text messages from your Google Voice number, voicemails are automatically transcribed to text so you can read them like email, send and receive text messages through the Google Voice app for free, and set up different greetings for different callers.

rage-hd.jpg

Rage HD. The splattertastic shooter Rage HD from Id Software—you know, the Doom and Quake guys. The graphics are unbelievably good, the best of any iPhone game yet. It's a must-download if you love shooters—just look. It's nuts. All in all, it's surprisingly solid to play, combined with truly amazing-for-a-phone graphics. While it maintains the pick-up-and-playability iPhone games need to have, hopefully it's part of a coming onslaught of more serious iPhone games for serious gamers. Remarkably, it's only $2,

i365183754_jpg_180x180_q85.jpg

Solomon's Keep. This is a great game! Good graphics, great replayability, if you like upgrading your character and destroying monsters. Wonderful base spells and upgrades, along with secondary spells, and upgrades. Its nice that you can make more than one character and save whenever. Can get difficult, but not usually frustratingly so. All over great game!

Screen-shot-2010-11-17-at-4.48.08-PM.jpg

Minigore. While Minigore is in fact the survival shooter in the purest sense, its clever design elevates the game high above a dumb shootout contest, testing both your arcade skill and concentration.

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
iBrain
mzi.jtyautrh.175x175-75.jpg

Brain training application using dual N back methods. Keeping the brain in shape.

iTeleport
mzi.tgrvdoxw.175x175-75.jpg

Wonderful program that allows you to completely control your computer with your iphone wherever you are. The computer screen pops up on the iphone and you control the mouse with the touch screen. Fairly easy to use. It would however, require a program to be opened up in the background of an open computer.

Prince of Persia Retro
mzi.vqlceefc.175x175-75.jpg

mzl.tpucfvge.320x480-75.jpg

Nice old classic

PsychTypes
mzl.aialiwtr.175x175-75.jpg

Free MBTI application.
mzl.pqpafrcs.320x480-75.jpg
mzl.pqlxpjby.320x480-75.jpg

Personality Types
index_personality-types-1.2.2_0948060.jpg

Another, yet not so free, MBTI application.
mzl.apqxmwsr.320x480-75.jpg
mzl.xvekfbvc.320x480-75.jpg