User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Thread: iPhone Apps

MBTI
    ISTx

Is the most recent Facebook update (came out a week or two ago) buggy as hell for anyone else?

Quote Originally Posted by Beat View Post
    Is the most recent Facebook update (came out a week or two ago) buggy as hell for anyone else?
    in terms of notification messages... like it'll pop up and say i have 70
    new notifications... when i don't...

is that what you mean?
    every normal man must be tempted, at times,
    to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag,
    and begin slitting throats.
    h.l. mencken

MBTI
    ISTx

That's one of them. Also, normally when I have notifications it displays the notice along the bottom in that red strip, when I have the app opened. It isn't usually showing it anymore, but when it does, the notice won't go away. Even after I click the red strip and view my notifications it stays there (even after newer notifications have come in). I have to power off my phone and reboot it in order to have it refresh.

facettes de la petite mor Words of Ivory's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Beat View Post
    Mine's been perfect since the last update.

Try deleting and reinstalling it.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Life calls out the meaning of pure jubilance,
    if you'll only take the time to hear it."
    ~ Words of Ivory ~

MBTI
    ISTx

Good call. Do you have an iPhone 4 (I do)? Although if you have OS 4, which I imagine you do, I guess it makes no difference?

facettes de la petite mor Words of Ivory's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ

iPod Touch, running on 4.0

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Life calls out the meaning of pure jubilance,
    if you'll only take the time to hear it."
    ~ Words of Ivory ~

every normal man must be tempted, at times,
    to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag,
    and begin slitting throats.
    h.l. mencken

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

Wow, I really appreciated this. I would never have spent the money without this recommendation. We have two iphones and an ipod that can use it so it's not really "expensive" once we get the app. I've really been enjoying it and tonight I was playing with my daughter. Thanks!

What does the livestrong app do?

Quote Originally Posted by Words of Ivory View Post
    Depict: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/depict/id340772215?mt=8

The game is essentially an online version of Pictionary. Each player in the round must draw a picture using the touch-screen, and the other players must figure out what the picture is from a group of multi-choice answers.

It sounds simple in concept, but I swear to you, it is seriously the most addictive game on the entire App Store that i have ever played, period.

MBTI
    ENTP

Tango. 3G video chat. It works as it should - simple and quick. Makes traditional phone calls feel archaic.

Facebook. This is an essential app from the get-go, and it's been steadily evolving—like the site—for the last year. Version 3.0 was a total refresh, and supports nearly every one of Facebook's sprawling features, sometimes better than the site itself.

Yelp. Yelp is built on the premise that people really, really love to review things, and that this bizarre impulse should be harnessed for good. With a massive database of food/drink/everything else reviews, easy navigation, inbuilt maps, and augmented reality.

Flixster. One of the best movie applications available (also one of my favorites), and as an added bonus: it’s free!

SoundHound. Social music search service, powered by a community-created database. Originally known as Midomi, the iPhone app isn’t as popular as Shazam - but that’s not to say it isn’t more effective. In contrast to Shazam, SoundHound can recognize tunes that are hummed or sung.

RedLazer. Ever wondered if you can get a better deal on that cool item at Target? Scan the barcode and it searches the internet for the best deals.

Netflix. TV in your pocket. Stream movies on your iPhone. I recommend using WiFi if you are a heavy internet user. an 89min movie takes about 300MB.

Hipstamatic. Probably the most cleverly designed of the iPhone photography apps, and certainly among the most loved, Hipstamatic's recent upgrade brings all sorts of good stuff.

Geocaching. This simply-named app offers real-time access to new information in the databases at geocaching.com. Search more than 800,000 worldwide geocaches, access their details, and let the hunt begin!

Fruit Ninja. Such a simple concept it's impossible to put down. Just swipe your finger across the screen to slash the fruit. Zen Mode lasts a minute and a half - just long enough to sneak a game in line at the grocery store.

Cut the Rope. My latest discovery! Charming graphics, simple gameplay that gets complexity steadily layered on top of it in a way that feels natural, almost without even feeling like it’s getting more difficult.

Words With Friends. Similar to Scrabble, Words With Friends allows you to play against a random opponent or someone you know, all in real time.
    You can call me Charles.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    2w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    INFj None

Quote Originally Posted by Argus View Post
    Tango. 3G video chat. It works as it should - simple and quick. Makes traditional phone calls feel archaic. Awesome, I was kind of bummed that vid chat only worked with wifi, but if this works that rules!

Facebook. This is an essential app from the get-go, and it's been steadily evolving—like the site—for the last year. Version 3.0 was a total refresh, and supports nearly every one of Facebook's sprawling features, sometimes better than the site itself. Don't use facebook as much as I used to, however, I do have and use the Farmville app lol

Yelp. Yelp is built on the premise that people really, really love to review things, and that this bizarre impulse should be harnessed for good. With a massive database of food/drink/everything else reviews, easy navigation, inbuilt maps, and augmented reality. Cool, I've used yelp online before but not on iphone, will try it out.

Flixster. One of the best movie applications available (also one of my favorites), and as an added bonus: it’s free! Nice, too bad hulu is a paid for app...that's bs.

SoundHound. Social music search service, powered by a community-created database. Originally known as Midomi, the iPhone app isn’t as popular as Shazam - but that’s not to say it isn’t more effective. In contrast to Shazam, SoundHound can recognize tunes that are hummed or sung. I d/l'ed Shazam a long time ago and I've yet to put it to the test really. I thought I'd be using that shit left and right.

RedLazer. Ever wondered if you can get a better deal on that cool item at Target? Scan the barcode and it searches the internet for the best deals. Check

Netflix. TV in your pocket. Stream movies on your iPhone. I recommend using WiFi if you are a heavy internet user. an 89min movie takes about 300MB. Always use it around wifi, check.

Hipstamatic. Probably the most cleverly designed of the iPhone photography apps, and certainly among the most loved, Hipstamatic's recent upgrade brings all sorts of good stuff. Curious about this.

Geocaching. This simply-named app offers real-time access to new information in the databases at geocaching.com. Search more than 800,000 worldwide geocaches, access their details, and let the hunt begin! ?

Fruit Ninja. Such a simple concept it's impossible to put down. Just swipe your finger across the screen to slash the fruit. Zen Mode lasts a minute and a half - just long enough to sneak a game in line at the grocery store.

Cut the Rope. My latest discovery! Charming graphics, simple gameplay that gets complexity steadily layered on top of it in a way that feels natural, almost without even feeling like it’s getting more difficult.

Words With Friends. Similar to Scrabble, Words With Friends allows you to play against a random opponent or someone you know, all in real time.
    The games also sound fun, will try. Anyone use Pocket Frogs? I'm addicted to that!