• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

eBay is s***

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
I've listed a total of four items in the past month and have not been paid for a single thing - I've received a combination of: no response from auction winner, a Nigerian scam attempt and then some prick who said he "bid too high" and couldn't pay. I'm divorcing ebay.

3 out of the 4 listings have been attempting to sell my Xbox, re-listing said xbox and then trying to sell an Xbox game (4th auction was for a t-shirt). Is it just that dolts and punks gravitate towards these electronic/gamer items and I've hit some bad luck?

redsox44344

MBTI Type
ENTP
I would think so. Whilst it has all of those things that you mentioned, Ebay, to my experience, has been very rewarding. I sold my blackberry storm in January for $300 when it typically sold for $250, according to the site. It was paid immediately.

Maybe it's because you are selling the XBOX? Who knows, but Ebay is full of scammers.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
eBay has turned into a cesspool. I try to find more local outlets if I can.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
Yeah, have you tried craigslist? I know they're scammish as well, but usually not so bad?

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
I have not tried craigslist (I dwindled all my time with Ebay listing it twice, for a duration of 5 or 6 days each). It's crunch time and I have a couple of bills to pay in the next few days. Looks like I'm headed to the pawn shop. I don't expect to get much more there than I would dealing with a dishonest Nigerian.

Dammit!

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I wonder if you advertised a giant pimp-slapping stick...

angell_m

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxFx
Enneagram
5w4
eBay is shit? Tell that to the girl who got herpes from her "brand new" dildo.

Gloriana

Patron Saint Of Smileys
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
I don't expect to get much more there than I would dealing with a dishonest Nigerian.

Is it wrong that I love this sentence? You just don't hear it that often, y'know?

Gloriana

Patron Saint Of Smileys
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Also, I just bought an vintage A-2 flight jacket off Ebay and the first thing I noticed about it was it smells like an elderly man I've never met before. I febreezed it, but I can't shake it loose. It is hardcore marinated in spicy septuagenarian.

I still love it, but I wish the seller would have mentioned it came with 'Genuine Old Man Smell'.

A

A window to the soul

Not a huge fan of eBay selling. Buying can be rather exciting. I highly recommend this little gem of an ass kicking, name taking eBay bidding side-kick of a web application...

https://www.bidnapper.com/

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I haven't had very many issues with E-bay on buying or selling, though there have been a couple. Has it maybe just gone down the shitter recently? Or maybe it's always been bad for those more mainstream items? I'm always buying and selling vintage computer equipment, industrial electronic stuff, odd things from exotic places, etc.

Spamtar

Ghost Monkey Soul
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Try limiting jurisdictions (i.e. United States and Canada only) requiring quick or instant payments and set up a Paypal account and only accept Paypal payments (also get a debit card from paypal so you can access the cash as soon as you get it).

I have had minimal problems with ebay accept some sellers charge too much for shipping and eBay charges a rather steep sellers percentage commission (they must be making buckets of dough as the middle man).

Although I have not personally used it I hear this site is a good alternative. shopgoodwill.com - Welcome