User Tag List

First 123 Last

Senor Membrane
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by promethathustra View Post
    Great nihilistic solution! Destroy the planet to get YOUR way!
    I believe his scenario was not meant as the preferred choice. Actually I think it might be quite accurate to how it will happen... People are greedy, if they weren't we would not be thinking about this problem. People who run countries are most likely greedier than the average people, so, you can see the third world war awaiting to happen.

MBTI
    XNTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    XNTX

Only if you have a nihilistic bend. These problems can be easily solved...if force is not threatened. NTP's are the solution in times like ours...civilization needs REORGANIZED-not reordered. We have precedent...the Constitutional Convention! Let our brightest come together...worldwide and find the Common amonst all.

"Patriotism is a worm in the brain." Thoreau
    "This fearless one always is the same in essence,however.He is Holy heresy born stout lacking the ability to cower or break.The Universe is transparent to him." Me

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by nolla View Post
    I believe his scenario was not meant as the preferred choice. Actually I think it might be quite accurate to how it will happen... People are greedy, if they weren't we would not be thinking about this problem. People who run countries are most likely greedier than the average people, so, you can see the third world war awaiting to happen.
    If we use coal to temporarily replace oil to fuel our energy dependence farther then that will likely speed up global warming. Plus it will not look good when China and the US start competing for oil, this could start a kind of "arms race for oil".

And yes, greed is what got most of the global economy in an recession in the first place, then Bush and Obama go and bail out the persons responsible. Their asses should have been thrown in prison instead of getting bailed out.
    Reserved Calm Unstructured Egocentric Inquisitive Clown

Johari Nohari

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE

Quote Originally Posted by nolla View Post
    No, I don't like what I wrote at all, but it might be accurate in terms of how it would logically play out.
    It's not even the worst thing that could happen.

Mightier than the tread of marching armies is the power of an idea whose time has come

MBTI
    XNTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    XNTX

What would be your worst?
    "This fearless one always is the same in essence,however.He is Holy heresy born stout lacking the ability to cower or break.The Universe is transparent to him." Me

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE

What would be your worst?
    I don't think i've got just the one.
    There are so many factors ranging from geomagnetic storms, polar ice caps melting, peak oil, nuclear war, epidemics, comets hitting earth...
    What I said is what I think will happen, not pure fantasy.
    It doesn't even involve any of those things we can't really control.
    I guess that the worst thing that could happen is that we all die, or that we get thrown back to the stone age technologically and intellectually.

Mightier than the tread of marching armies is the power of an idea whose time has come

MBTI
    XNTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    XNTX

I agree entirely. How do you see that it can be prevented? (resentimented?)

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE

I agree entirely. How do you see that it can be prevented? (resentimented?)
    Speeding up alternate fuel research and make the new products cheap as hell.
    Don't sell shit to Asia, and don't buy Asian produce or raw materials.
    Establish more self-sufficiency in the crop department and stop with this farce of an economy.
    "Service economy" can't last. It's based on thin air.
    We need industry and production as well as being technologically ahead.
    In order to do this, we need to be in full control of the area around the Persian Gulf and many other oil rich areas.
    The U.S needs to maintain its Navy as a deterrent. Dammit, we should all pay to maintain it where it is, and make it larger, or contribute with our own ships.

If we do this, we can't be liberal about it, and we can't exactly have a free market economy.
    East Asia would be under a strict trade embargo and the Middle East would have to be kept on a very, very short leash.
    Same goes for Africa. The Chinese are expanding there rapidly, buying up land.
    That can't go on, obviously. We need them to stop growing now, or we'll have a catastrophe on our hands.

Do you see where I am going with this?
    A lot of what I am talking about is already taking place, the rest of it is only part of tightening the grip a little.

Nothing in global politics is squeaky clean. Imagine that this is one of the less brutal and violent scenarios.

MBTI
    XNTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    XNTX

You are seeing the problem accurately...the solution,however resides in the probing of the idea "WE"!

When "we" is understood,your thinking will change!

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE

You are seeing the problem accurately...the solution,however resides in the probing of the idea "WE"!

When "we" is understood,your thinking will change!
    Hey, I thought that was how it worked as well.
    The Asians, however, thinks that we are filthy foreigners and they yearn for the day when they can make do without us.
    Or preferably when we are the ones not having money enough for shoes.

I'm not saying that what we need to do is really good or anything...
    But it's hard turning a ship around that was set in motion hundreds of years ago.
    If we just stop what we are doing and hand the world over to them, we will suffer a lot worse than we deserve because of what our grandparents grandparents grandparents started doing to them long ago.
    Exploitation, that is.

They are our "friends" as long as we buy their stuff and give them technology that they can copy cheap and sell us back at a much higher price.
    Nothing else.
    There is no "we". Those who matter over there despise us.