MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

The intanet iz dead

This is according to Prince:
    Prince has given what has been billed as his first U.K. newspaper interview in a decade as part of a deal for his new album, "20Ten."

The Daily Mirror will give the album away July 10 as a free CD with the paper, while European deals have also been struck with Rolling Stone Germany and a Belgian newspaper.

In the interview, Prince outlines his anti-Internet stance. Naturally his comments have been widely circulated via the Internet.

"The Internet is completely over," Prince told the Mirror. "I don't see why I should give my new music to iTunes or anyone else. They won't pay me an advance for it and then they get angry when they can't get it."

He added: "The Internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated."

Prince is not a fan of digital devices, either. "All these computers and digital gadgets are no good," he said. "They just fill your head with numbers and that cant be good for you."

Prince does not intend "20Ten" to get a download release in addition to the free CD distribution with newspapers and magazines. He has also shut down his official website and does not plan to license new music to download stores or subscription services.

A U.S. distribution deal for the album has yet to be confirmed. The record has been linked with Warner Bros.
    Reserved Calm Unstructured Egocentric Inquisitive Clown

Johari Nohari

This is bad news for us as our Government is linking every Australian home to laser light by optic fibre.

And they have even started the roll out in my town of Canberra. This will give us 100 megabytes per second.

And just as this is happening our University has developed an optic fibre that will carry one terabyte per second, so if I'm right that's a thousand, thousand, thousand, thousand bytes per second.

This is too many numbers for even me to get right, never mind Prince.

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

So he thinks people don't want digital anymore and want to listen to CD's still?

Sniffles

The internet's not dead until Al Gore saids so!

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    This is bad news for us as our Government is linking every Australian home to laser light by optic fibre.

And they have even started the roll out in my town of Canberra. This will give us 100 megabytes per second.

And just as this is happening our University has developed an optic fibre that will carry one terabyte per second, so if I'm right that's a thousand, thousand, thousand, thousand bytes per second.

This is too many numbers for even me to get right, never mind Prince.
    I can't wait. With the new broadband network we'll be able to look up google and gov.au at 100 megabits per second.

On the Prince part: computers are becoming more mobile and more intuitive. The internet in its current state might need a revamp eventually. I'm predicting evolution rather than outdating. I do watch music videos less than when I was younger, but that is probably because all the clips started getting the same. Or maybe they were always copying each other, and I just dislike what they copied this time around.
    Freude, schöner Götterfunken Tochter aus Elysium, Wir betreten feuertrunken, Himmlische, dein Heiligtum! Deine Zauber binden wieder Was die Mode streng geteilt; Alle Menschen werden Brüder, Wo dein sanfter Flügel weilt.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    8w7

Wait, people still listen to Prince?
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.” -Nietzsche

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

I think Prince is whacked out of his mind for saying this, just because he has his "personal" beef with digital media doesn't mean everybody esle does too.

I don't like the way he treats his fans either(suing his fan club), he would be nowhere without them.
    Reserved Calm Unstructured Egocentric Inquisitive Clown

Johari Nohari

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

I thought this was going to be about him not wanting anyone to download his music without paying. Instead he makes it sound like the internet is a fad?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    8w7

Someone should delete his Wikipedia entry.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.” -Nietzsche

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Did Prince sleep with the Internet or why is it becoming a Dad ?
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]