11 13.75%
Multiple Choice Poll.
12311 Last

Senior Member InsatiableCuriosity's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

Default Mac or PC - N or S

I have just been peeking at some of the old messages on Post your Desktop.

I am a Mac user since 1984 and was constantly harangued with "It's a toy!" until Windows was released sometime around 1987.

Then the responses were "It's too expensive!" or "Apple is going to the Wall!" or "it can't run my PC software"

These days, none of these apply! A usable, funky Mac can be competitively cheaper than a Sony Vaio for instance, Apple has now overtaken Microsoft in capital value and, without compromising its awesome OS integrity, I can run a full PC on my quad core Mac as well as my industry Mac software!

My Macs (and Adobe software) have provided me with a fantastic career and good income doing what I enjoy.

Over the years I have had only 4 component failures on my 6 Macs. My PC owning friends using Windows can make no such claim. I rarely, if ever, corrupt files, and on the occasion that I do it has been my own fault for working directly to a cross platform storage device or trying to open a file that is being copied.

Among users on TC I am interested to see what proportion of Ns use Macs or PCs compared to the proportion of Ss?? I hope silly, uninformed prejudices will not prevail in any discussion.
    "Study hard what interests you the most in the most undisciplined, irreverent and original manner possible."
    — Richard P. Feynman

"Never tell a person a thing is impossible. G*d/the Universe may have been waiting all this time for someone ignorant enough of the impossibility to do just that thing."
    author unknown

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

Hope this is working now??
    "Study hard what interests you the most in the most undisciplined, irreverent and original manner possible."
    — Richard P. Feynman

"Never tell a person a thing is impossible. G*d/the Universe may have been waiting all this time for someone ignorant enough of the impossibility to do just that thing."
    author unknown

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

N- Windows user. Mac is pretty bleh, imo
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Teacher (Idyllic), ESE-IEI (Si-ESFj), SLue|I|, Sanguine-Melancholy
    Sage, True Neutral (Chaotic Good), Type III Anti-Hero
    Inventive > Artistic > Leisurely > Dramatic
    7w6 > 4w3 > 9w8, weakside sp/so

Dark Worker (Sacrificing)
    Freewheeling Designer

Hayekian Asshole

MBTI
    ISFJ

I'm a Mac.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Sytpg View Post
    I'm a Mac.
    LOL - I love those Ads!!!
    — Richard P. Feynman

author unknown

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    ???
    Socionics
    ????

N - both :P PC for usual use and Macbook Pro for university. However I must say if I had to buy now my notebook, I would probably buy instead a Thinkpad or something cheaper. I am not so happy with the Mac OS, but maybe I just don't use it enough, since with Windows I have so much more experience.

However, the battery life and the overall quality of the Macbook is good, so it is even for price decent. Could use it with Windows after all too if I really have to.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Eckhart View Post
    N - both :P PC for usual use and Macbook Pro for university. However I must say if I had to buy now my notebook, I would probably buy instead a Thinkpad or something cheaper. I am not so happy with the Mac OS, but maybe I just don't use it enough, since with Windows I have so much more experience.

However, the battery life and the overall quality of the Macbook is good, so it is even for price decent. Could use it with Windows after all too if I really have to.
    I think it is what you get used to although many of my students move over to Macs after working on them throughout their course. When they first come in they are all up in arms as to why they have to use Macs LOL
    — Richard P. Feynman

author unknown

MBTI
    ISFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Eckhart View Post

Actually, if I could use Mac OS X on a normal PC computer I would. The reason why I like the Mac is just the OS. I've used several distros of Linux and Windows for years and years, but since I bought a Macbook Pro 5 years ago, I've fallen in love.

MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

PC because it takes more than pretty pictures to get me to pick something.
    MBTI Type: iNTj
    Enneagram Type: 3w4 sp/sx

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

I voted both, since I use and own both.
    "Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"When people see some things as beautiful,
    other things become ugly.
    When people see some things as good,
    other things become bad."
    Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching