• S PC (all Operating Systems)

11 13.75%
Multiple Choice Poll.
First 678910 Last

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Socionics
    LII

I've been told a MAC fits my personality....whatever the hell that means. I've used a MAC before, but I haven't really experienced a MAC. If it weren't a grand plus tax, I'd probably own one by now.
    “'Fuck', I think. What a beautiful word. If I could say only one thing for the rest of my life, that would be it.”

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by InsatiableCuriosity View Post

These days, none of these apply! A usable, funky Mac can be competitively cheaper than a Sony Vaio for instance, Apple has now overtaken Microsoft in capital value and, without compromising its awesome OS integrity, I can run a full PC on my quad core Mac as well as my industry Mac software!
    I bought my son VAIO about 18 months ago for school thinking it would be easier for the school to connect etc. Worst mistake.... runs like a dog and always has. Got a Macbook much cheaper in comparison and have had no problems in 6 months. Got an Apple desktop just after the VAIO and if it had ben the other way around we I would never have invested (wrong word) in the VAIO. Mac CONVERT!!!!

Permabanned

PC, I don't see the hype with a mac it just looks prettier, and people who say PC's get messed up with viruses are right you know why? because no virus programmers develop for macs, but with the growing popularity that is going to change and you will your mac catching viruses.

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by jixmixfix View Post
    PC, I don't see the hype with a mac it just looks prettier, and people who say PC's get messed up with viruses are right you know why? because no virus programmers develop for macs, but with the growing popularity that is going to change and you will your mac catching viruses.
    yeah yeah yeah I know

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    8w7

VAIOs are also terrible overpriced piles of crap. They don't even have the good hardware design that Apple at least has.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.” -Nietzsche

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

I use a mac. I also use windows on a mac.

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by Pixelholic View Post
    VAIOs are also terrible overpriced piles of crap. They don't even have the good hardware design that Apple at least has.
    tell me about it biggest waste of money!:steam:

All Natural! All Good!

I too haven't had any of the typical Vista problems people complain about. I have 7 now though. I have a desktop atm, if I ever get a laptop down the road I plan to optimize for the best battery life/performance compromise... so that'll probably mean one of the non-Windows non-Mac OSs

Quote Originally Posted by jixmixfix View Post
    This is a good point. Also I think lots of people get viruses because they don't have antivirus software when there's free stuff out there that works well...it's just stupid.

And my previous roommate didn't even know what spyware was, and why she needed something like spybot ... stupidity like that is not the fault of PCs...it's the PC user that is the problem. Anyway, like many others, I've noticed that most of the people who use Macs aren't interested in the technical "facts" or "specs" of the machine...they just use it because it's "cool".
    Strychnine is all-natural,
    So strychnine is all good.
    It's Godly and righteous,
    So eat it, you should.
    Who are you to refuse nature's will?

Don't use the multiquote; it was planted by the devil to deceive us.

Social Role: Asscrack/Piece of Shit/Public Defecator/Spiteful Urinator

A different type everyday - so no need to type me anymore. But feel free to enjoy the sound of your own asscrack.

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by penny89 View Post
    ... if I ever get a laptop down the road I plan to optimize for the best battery life/performance compromise... so that'll probably mean one of the non-Windows non-Mac OSs
    My Macbook runs for 7 hours on battery. Had a lot of PC's and knew what they ran on but totally converted to Mac now.

MBTI
    LoLz

Quote Originally Posted by Blossom500 View Post
    My Macbook runs for 7 hours on battery. Had a lot of PC's and knew what they ran on but totally converted to Mac now.
    I haven't tweaked my battery settings much for my laptop. It's not really the best candidate for mobility in terms of power. I could likely set it to battery saving mode and get 3 hours.

I remember once I set battery plan to high performance, and ran Call of Duty 4 without thinking about the battery drain. I was waiting for a class, and realized after the game that I went from 95% to 15% battery in 10 minutes. The game ran perfectly smooth. Heh.