48 60.00%
  • S PC (all Operating Systems)

11 13.75%
Multiple Choice Poll.
First 123412 Last

MBTI
    ISFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Mondo View Post
    PC because it takes more than pretty pictures to get me to pick something.
    Yep, solid programming right? Like in Windows. I agree.

Banned
    MBTI
    xSFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1

MAC!

MBTI
    INFP
    Socionics
    INFP

What do you guys think of the theory that a lot of people (of course not all) stick with the first OS they learned to use?

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

I my Hackintosh. My INTP built it for me.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

90% of my use has been Windows for two reasons:
    1. Work
    2. Cost

I have always preferred Macs and am using one right now

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

My first computer was an Apple IIe, bought in 1984, when I was 10.
    I was programming in Basic by the time I was 11.
    I played Castle Wolfenstein, Epix Games (like the Olympics), and Questron.
    Then we bought an Apple IIc.

Then my Dad bought a 386.
    I lost interest in computers at that point.
    Then I got into playing electric guitar, lifting weights, and girls.

My first computer was a Pentium III with Windows 98.
    Then I bought a Pentium IV with Me.
    Then I got sick of it all and didn't buy a new system until an HP Pavillion a250, w/ a 2.4 GHz processor, 2 GB RAM, with Windows XP.

After that I was using my PC for work, school, and now my biggest hobby, home music production.

I have invested a shameful amount of money on digital audio interfaces, nearfield monitor speakers, and software (sequencers, DJ applications, and virtual instruments) to allow me to record my guitars, vocal tracks, bass, Access Virus KC synthesizer, etc. and still have the flexibility of using digital software based instruments in a multi-track environment.

I am open to using a Mac, but will not have an opportunity to do so until I buy an iPad later this year.
    --------------------
    Type Stats:
    MBTI -> (E) 77.14% | (i) 22.86% ; (S) 60% | (n) 40% ; (T) 72.22% | (f) 27.78% ; (P) 51.43% | (j) 48.57%
    BIG 5 -> Extroversion 77% ; Accommodation 60% ; Orderliness 62% ; Emotional Stability 64% ; Open Mindedness 74%

Quotes:
    "If somebody asks your MBTI type on a first date, run". -Donna Cecilia
    "Enneagram is psychological underpinnings. Cognitive Functions are mental reasoning and perceptional processes. -Sanjuro

Senior Member InsatiableCuriosity's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Halla74 View Post
    My first computer was an Apple IIe, bought in 1984, when I was 10.
    I was programming in Basic by the time I was 11.
    I played Castle Wolfenstein, Epix Games (like the Olympics), and Questron.
    Then we bought an Apple IIc.

Then my Dad bought a 386.
    I lost interest in computers at that point.
    Then I got into playing electric guitar, lifting weights, and girls.

My first computer was a Pentium III with Windows 98.
    Then I bought a Pentium IV with Me.
    Then I got sick of it all and didn't buy a new system until an HP Pavillion a250, w/ a 2.4 GHz processor, 2 GB RAM, with Windows XP.

After that I was using my PC for work, school, and now my biggest hobby, home music production.

I have invested a shameful amount of money on digital audio interfaces, nearfield monitor speakers, and software (sequencers, DJ applications, and virtual instruments) to allow me to record my guitars, vocal tracks, bass, Access Virus KC synthesizer, etc. and still have the flexibility of using digital software based instruments in a multi-track environment.

I am open to using a Mac, but will not have an opportunity to do so until I buy an iPad later this year.
    My SIL is a Jazz musician and head of performing arts at a private boys' school. He has just installed a couple of Mac labs with Garage Band and accessories as a starter plus all of the other fruit for the older boys.

He showed me an amazing DVD - multimedia presentation put together by a 10yo on Chick Correa complete with sound, video and transitions.

Can't wait to play with the iPad but I'm looking forward particularly to the iPhone 4s arrival downunder later this month.
    "Study hard what interests you the most in the most undisciplined, irreverent and original manner possible."
    — Richard P. Feynman

"Never tell a person a thing is impossible. G*d/the Universe may have been waiting all this time for someone ignorant enough of the impossibility to do just that thing."
    author unknown

i'm on a macbook pro. always have been.
    every normal man must be tempted, at times,
    to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag,
    and begin slitting throats.
    h.l. mencken

MBTI
    ISFJ

Quote Originally Posted by InsatiableCuriosity View Post
    My SIL is a Jazz musician and head of performing arts at a private boys' school. He has just installed a couple of Mac labs with Garage Band and accessories as a starter plus all of the other fruit for the older boys.

He showed me an amazing DVD - multimedia presentation put together by a 10yo on Chick Correa complete with sound, video and transitions.

Can't wait to play with the iPad but I'm looking forward particularly to the iPhone 4s arrival downunder later this month.
    I kinda work for Apple right now and I signed a NDA but but....Apple is good because of its Mac line.

Senior Member InsatiableCuriosity's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Sytpg View Post
    I kinda work for Apple right now and I signed a NDA but but....Apple is good because of its Mac line.
    How lucky are you - Steve Jobs would have to be the hottest nerd on the planet! Great mind and vision. So what if he is picky! ...but I don't have to work with him.

Best I could do was a Cert. Developer at the end of the 80's. LOL I work, teach and develop online learning resources in a totally Mac environment (10 labs of 24 plus lecturer machines and overheads and a machine on each lecturer's desk).

How cool is it to have all of your creative SW provided and a tax deduction for your hardware - my work is also my play
    "Study hard what interests you the most in the most undisciplined, irreverent and original manner possible."
    — Richard P. Feynman

"Never tell a person a thing is impossible. G*d/the Universe may have been waiting all this time for someone ignorant enough of the impossibility to do just that thing."
    author unknown