12 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None

Default Advise pls uploading ipod to itunes

My computer caught a nasty bug and had to be completely wiped and everything reinstalled. Before the guy did that, he asked me if I had all my iTunes music stored somewhere, like on my iPod. I said that I did. So he reinstalled ... wiping out my total iPod library, most of which were songs I paid for.

I still have everything on my iPod, but there is no authorized program that allows you to move your iPod contents back up to your iTunes library.

There are workaround freeware programs that claim to make it so you can, though.

Has anybody used such programs who could give me a recommendation?

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

good question.
    ~luck favors the ready~

Shameless Self-Promotion:MDP2525's Den and the Start of Motorcycle Maintenance

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

I haven't used an iPod in forever, but when I had one you could simply open the iPod as though it were a hard disk when plugged into your computer, and the files are in there, albeit hidden and oddly named.

If you have a PC, go to control panel>Folder Options>and then perhaps the View tab [I forget at this point, I'm on my linux laptop] and select the option to show hidden files and folders.

MBTI
    INtP

Yamipod

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None

Jock -- hidden and oddly named, eh? Ok, I will look.

Oxyjen, have you used Yamipod?

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    I haven't used an iPod in forever, but when I had one you could simply open the iPod as though it were a hard disk when plugged into your computer, and the files are in there, albeit hidden and oddly named.

If you have a PC, go to control panel>Folder Options>and then perhaps the View tab [I forget at this point, I'm on my linux laptop] and select the option to show hidden files and folders.
    Yes, Jock, you are right about the menu sequence:

View -> Then Select the Radio Button that Reads "Show Hidden Files"

A friend of mine says that by ddefault, you see only the ".m4a" files but when the "show hidden files" option is selected you will see the corresponding ".mp3" associated with the .m4a header.

So, in that mode, you will see two versions of each song: (1) Song_Title.m4a, and (2) Song_Title.mp3

Quote Originally Posted by Tiltyred View Post
    My computer caught a nasty bug and had to be completely wiped and everything reinstalled. Before the guy did that, he asked me if I had all my iTunes music stored somewhere, like on my iPod. I said that I did. So he reinstalled ... wiping out my total iPod library, most of which were songs I paid for.

I still have everything on my iPod, but there is no authorized program that allows you to move your iPod contents back up to your iTunes library.

There are workaround freeware programs that claim to make it so you can, though.

Has anybody used such programs who could give me a recommendation?
    Try this one, a friend of mine who is a PC guru and iPod owner says it works like a charm:

"SENUTI" (iTunes spelled backwards, LOL!)

Free Senuti Download

Good luck, kiddo!
    --------------------
    Type Stats:
    MBTI -> (E) 77.14% | (i) 22.86% ; (S) 60% | (n) 40% ; (T) 72.22% | (f) 27.78% ; (P) 51.43% | (j) 48.57%
    BIG 5 -> Extroversion 77% ; Accommodation 60% ; Orderliness 62% ; Emotional Stability 64% ; Open Mindedness 74%

Quotes:
    "If somebody asks your MBTI type on a first date, run". -Donna Cecilia
    "Enneagram is psychological underpinnings. Cognitive Functions are mental reasoning and perceptional processes. -Sanjuro

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None

It looks like Senuti is only for MAC, but thanks anyway!

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

It looks like Senuti is only for MAC, but thanks anyway!
    No, there is a PC version of Senuti, it is $19.95 and can be downloaded at this link:

How To Get Senuti For Windows | Senuti iPod Rip reviews and free downloads

I just installed it on my PC and it flashes a checkout screen for purchase, but the link is live, and it installed on my PC. So there!
    --------------------
    Type Stats:
    MBTI -> (E) 77.14% | (i) 22.86% ; (S) 60% | (n) 40% ; (T) 72.22% | (f) 27.78% ; (P) 51.43% | (j) 48.57%
    BIG 5 -> Extroversion 77% ; Accommodation 60% ; Orderliness 62% ; Emotional Stability 64% ; Open Mindedness 74%

Quotes:
    "Enneagram is psychological underpinnings. Cognitive Functions are mental reasoning and perceptional processes. -Sanjuro

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None

Dahlink, you ah maaahvelous! Will try!

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

Dahlink, you ah maaahvelous! Will try!
    Awww shuckers!

Good luck!

If you have any issues shoot me a PM, and I can contact my friend who recently used the program successfully. He copied over 30 gigabytes of music from a mutual friend's iPod Touch back to a PC, that had to be reformatted due to a virus/malware issue, similar to what you are experiencing.

Have a great day!
    --------------------
    Type Stats:

Quotes: