User Tag List

First 12

MBTI
    yupp

I always use an ipod rip software, never buy it, because i'm cheap i just do 100 songs at a time (the max they allow you to do with out buying it) the good thing about doing it that way, is you can go through and get rid of songs you don't listen to it.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None

HALLA,

IT WORKS! IT WORKS!! IT WORKS!!!

Thank you ever so.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by Tiltyred View Post
    HALLA,

IT WORKS! IT WORKS!! IT WORKS!!!

Thank you ever so.
    I am VERY happy for you, my dear friend!

Music is a lifelong passion of mine.

At one point the external hard drive I saved all my music (MP3s) to crashed and I lost EVERYTHING.

Considering I ripped all my 550+ CDs to MP3 by myself, and then encoded them all to 192 kBit MP3 with LAME v3.92, I was devastated.

Luckily, a friend of mine had copied most of my music collection to his external hard drive, so I only lost about 25% of everything once I got the contents of his drive back on my system.

THE MORAL OF THE STORY:

Buy a $99 external hard drive and back up all your music REGULARLY, like maybe once per week or once per month, depending on how often you acquire things.

Here's the one I bought recently:

(NOTE: It is a good model if you know where all your muxi folders are. I have one directory on my PC that is the "Master" directory, all else is within it, so all I have to do is copy it to my external drive and I get a full backup of my vital data in one click.

Western Digital WDBAAU0020HBK-NESN Elements 2TB USB 2.0 External Hard Drive in Hard Drives at JR.com

IF YOU ARE LAZY, this one has a utility that will seek ALL the files on your PC that should be backed up, and do it in one fell swoop with no wrok on your part:

Western Digital WDBAAF0020HBK-NESN My Book Essential 2TB External Hard Drive in Hard Drives at JR.com

I own both, because I'm paranoid about losing data, and because despite being organized, I am pretty damn lazy at times.

Yay for you! You got your tunes back!!!
    --------------------
    Type Stats:
    MBTI -> (E) 77.14% | (i) 22.86% ; (S) 60% | (n) 40% ; (T) 72.22% | (f) 27.78% ; (P) 51.43% | (j) 48.57%
    BIG 5 -> Extroversion 77% ; Accommodation 60% ; Orderliness 62% ; Emotional Stability 64% ; Open Mindedness 74%

Quotes:
    "If somebody asks your MBTI type on a first date, run". -Donna Cecilia
    "Enneagram is psychological underpinnings. Cognitive Functions are mental reasoning and perceptional processes. -Sanjuro

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None

I'ma go for the fell swoop, and thank you very much for the product recommendation. This will greatly increase my peace of mind!

MBTI
    LoLz

Oh, glad you found something. I used CopyTrans to do that same thing. It copied from iPod and then transferred the entire library and playlists into iTunes. It costed $14.95, though. Well worth the cost for me.

My music collection I have on my phone is a personal collection of 660 songs from 1997 to 2010, all of my favorite songs. It's incredibly personal and I would be devastated too if I lost it.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None

Yeah, I don't mind paying a little something for software that's been recommended by someone who's had good personal experience with it! That's how I felt about my music, too -- "an incredibly personal" collection.

Thanks Oxygen and Miss Chknz for responding, too!

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Halla74 View Post
    At one point the external hard drive I saved all my music (MP3s) to crashed and I lost EVERYTHING.
    Same thing here, except I wasn't able to recover any of it.

I should know better.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

MBTI
    LoLz

I just dropped a 1TB external drive in an external case a week ago. I broke the sata cable's end. It got butchered. Not sure if the drive still works. I think the external bay is a cushion? :P