• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

iPhone 4!

raz

Let's make this showy!
MBTI Type
LoLz
Uhh, if it worse comes to worse, why not find a way to transfer the money to a trusted person in the US and then ship it? You're on the internet, so unless shipping or currency is that big of an issue, you shouldn't be restricted to location.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
WHAT?! 200-300$. Here in Romania you can buy it at around 1000 E (from guys who probably shoplift it). (1284.47$)
The shop price is 1700E. That's 2180 USD.

That's like 2000$ more. How can that be even fucking possible.

And people around here make a few hundred bucks a month.

Yeah. I noticed that some electronica is really freaking expensive there. I thought it was really weird since almost everything else is really cheap. I spent 13 days in Romania and only spend about 275 euro. Which included a hotel with breakfast, dinner, and 3 dvd's I bought on the last day to get rid of my Lei. :p

On the topic of Iphone. I got a Samsung Galazy S with Android and it seems to better? At least it's more fun. :p

Spamtar

Ghost Monkey Soul
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
ebay large purchase promotion where they will buy your used iphone 3gs for 200 bucks. Most likely they will deduct some because its got a few scratches and not the original chargers but doubt it will be more than $50 off. Gonna use that and buy an iphone with a renewed contract from AT&T for $199 (the battery of the old phone is getting a pretty short life anyways).

Spamtar

Ghost Monkey Soul
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Grrr I hate how the phone companies choose to charge you full retail for tax purposes. the 199 phone with two year contract is charging me 57 bucks in tax!

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
I wouldn't say pointless. People are still buying the 3GS iPhone at AT&T. I don't know how epic the upgrade will be...

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
am trying to decide whether to buy an iphone now, or hold off for the 5. any opinions?

:thinking:

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
What do you want to use your phone for? The 4 is a work of art. It's almost flawless. I would never discourage someone from getting the 4.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
just general phone stuff - calling and texting - and for internet usage. it'll be my first smartphone.

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
If you can hold out to early summer, I'd wait for iPhone 5. If the iPad2 specs are any indication, it will have the dual core A5 processor which offers significant speed improvements [not that it really needed any] and iOS 5 will most likely feature some good improvements too, hopefully a more streamlined notification system.

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
Basically this would only matter to a tech geek and that's mostly just to say they have the latest thing.

iPhone 4 is fast, sleek, and the picture/display is a beauty. If you're still unsure, maybe you could wait until some news is released about the 5. Right now, there's nothing, but it shouldn't be too much longer before some news comes out (I would think).

G

Glycerine

It wouldn't be the first time that happened to me. I got a macbook pro a month before the new ones came out (I desperately needed a new computer though) and the upgrade doesn't seem that significant anyways (a bit faster processor with thunderbolt which won't have any peripherals for awhile). I think I am going to go for the iphone 4. Thanks!

G

Glycerine

Damn it, it's like crack. I was thinking about holding out for IPhone 5 (or maybe Iphone 4g) but I don't think I need the internal spec upgrades and I am hesitant about the extra 4g LTE costs. I settled for the IPhone 4. It is a very solid phone esp. on the Verizon network.