User Tag List

First 2345 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp/sx

There's an Iriver pad that supposedly accepts any e-book. I'll probably try to get that, though the only problem I have with it, is that it only has 2gb inbuilt memory. I'd love to have one of these, I have plenty of e-books I've been meaning to get through, particularly a feynman one
    5 3 9

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None

I have a Kindle and I'm crazy about it. I read books on it, go from page 1 to page end, that's it, so whatever else it doesn't do well, I'm not missing. I got the Kindle Lighted Leather Cover with it so I can read in bed without the lights on. I fold the cover back to front and hold the whole contraption in my left hand, so I can turn pages with my thumb on the left bottom key, and it's very comfortable and still weighs less than a book. I have zero space to put books and am not willing to carry them around with me (my purse already weighs a ton), so the Kindle makes life good.

I love technology!

MBTI
    ISTx

My dad has a Nook, but I'm willing to bet the Kindle is superior.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

I have a Nook. Thus far, it's very satisfactory. I did decide to go with the cheaper, wi fi only model since I'd only be downloading books at home. The browser is fine, nothing outstanding though. I really do use it strictly for books and publications that I subscribe to online (Mother Earth News and things like that). I haven't tried opening a .doc yet so I can't comment on it. This would in no way replace books entirely for me. It's just less to carry around and easy to read in bed.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

MBTI
    Aeon
    Enneagram
    10w so
    Socionics
    LOL

Since the USD is so weak at the moment, I'm seriously considering a Kindle. But I understand they aren't that great for non-fiction, which is what I mostly read these days.. I'd probably buy the US wifi version (relatives in the USA), since the international version has more book purchase restrictions from publishers.

MBTI
    INTP

Does anyone have the new Nook Color? I'm kind of digging the idea of it as a tablet/sub for the iPad. It has Flash and stuff, but you can't watch Netflix or Hulu because of the plugins needed, which kind of bums me out, but it's WAY cheaper, and I'd get a cool e-reader, too. And it's only $249, which is much more in my price range.
    Something Witty

MBTI
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by Tallulah View Post
    Does anyone have the new Nook Color? I'm kind of digging the idea of it as a tablet/sub for the iPad. It has Flash and stuff, but you can't watch Netflix or Hulu because of the plugins needed, which kind of bums me out, but it's WAY cheaper, and I'd get a cool e-reader, too. And it's only $249, which is much more in my price range.
    The great thing about the Nook Color is that you can easily "hack" it to put a fully functional Android 2.2 (they're also working on 3.1) on it, thus adding tons of features including full access to the Android Market.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by fecaleagle View Post
    The great thing about the Nook Color is that you can easily "hack" it to put a fully functional Android 2.2 (they're also working on 3.1) on it, thus adding tons of features including full access to the Android Market.
    I've heard about that...though I'm one of those rare INTPs that can't program or anything. Is the hack something you need extensive experience to do?
    Something Witty

Enneagram
    CFV

Reading a book off of a screen just doesn't feel right to me.
    But, my friend has a nook and has no complaints.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by InTheFlesh View Post
    Reading a book off of a screen just doesn't feel right to me.
    But, my friend has a nook and has no complaints.
    You know, if it was just an e-reader, I probably wouldn't bother. I like reading physical books. But this has more tablet capability, and I've been wanting a tablet. Plus, the Nook will let you borrow ebooks from public libraries, which I dig, since I have access to several libraries, including my college one.
    Something Witty