• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

FB and Privacy.

kendoiwan

I am Sofa King!!!
MBTI Type
IsTP
Newsweek's Nick Summers says this isn't like past Facebook privacy scuffles, which never amounted to anything. "Something different is afoot now. ... serious unrest began to percolate, seemingly from all corners." A forthcoming Aaron Sorkin movie about Zuckerberg "portrays Zuckerberg as a borderline autistic, entirely ruthless conniver. Nothing sways public opinion like a movie, and this scorcher could counteract the entire body of good press Facebook has received till now."
with-zuckerberg-privacy-controversy-facebook-bad-image-is-getting-worse: Personal Finance News from Yahoo! Finance

Give a shit?

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
And they blame their exploitation "mistakes" on their unpaid employees' users' stupidity.

[O]ur extensive efforts to provide users greater control over what and how they share appear to be too confusing for some of our more than 400 million users.
Elliot Schrage, Facebook's PR Chief, a couple days ago

Their latest trick to get more money from advertisers is by turning everything you like into a "page", which is public domain.

spin-1/2-nuclei

MBTI Type
INTJ
I don't really do the social networking thing. I decided against a FB account in undergrad and I definitely don't want one now. You never know what kind of job you'll want in the future and employers definitely search FB accounts and since FB obviously doesn't give two-shits about their user's privacy I've decided to steer clear.

Most people are worried about the drunk/party photos, but there are other things you might not want a potential employer to know about you. Being an atheist, democrat, republican, pro-choice, religious, how many bfs/gfs have you had etc... It's all obvious to someone who scrolls through many of the FB accounts.

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
It's insanity really ... their desperation at this point to be a real, maintainable business means they'll sell anything they "legitimately" can ...

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
This is why I treat my facebook like any page on the internet - why should I expect privacy there? If I don't want it on the internet for anyone to come across, then I do not put it there.