User Tag List

Thread: FB and Privacy.

MBTI
    IsTP

Default FB and Privacy.

Newsweek's Nick Summers says this isn't like past Facebook privacy scuffles, which never amounted to anything. "Something different is afoot now. ... serious unrest began to percolate, seemingly from all corners." A forthcoming Aaron Sorkin movie about Zuckerberg "portrays Zuckerberg as a borderline autistic, entirely ruthless conniver. Nothing sways public opinion like a movie, and this scorcher could counteract the entire body of good press Facebook has received till now."
    with-zuckerberg-privacy-controversy-facebook-bad-image-is-getting-worse: Personal Finance News from Yahoo! Finance

Give a shit?
    http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...ml#post1161526

"They the type of cats who pollute the whole shoreline. Have it purified. Sell it for a $1.25"

MBTI
    INFP

And they blame their exploitation "mistakes" on their unpaid employees' users' stupidity.

[O]ur extensive efforts to provide users greater control over what and how they share appear to be too confusing for some of our more than 400 million users.
    Elliot Schrage, Facebook's PR Chief, a couple days ago

Their latest trick to get more money from advertisers is by turning everything you like into a "page", which is public domain.

MBTI
    INTJ

I don't really do the social networking thing. I decided against a FB account in undergrad and I definitely don't want one now. You never know what kind of job you'll want in the future and employers definitely search FB accounts and since FB obviously doesn't give two-shits about their user's privacy I've decided to steer clear.

Most people are worried about the drunk/party photos, but there are other things you might not want a potential employer to know about you. Being an atheist, democrat, republican, pro-choice, religious, how many bfs/gfs have you had etc... It's all obvious to someone who scrolls through many of the FB accounts.

MBTI
    INFP

Go here to permanently delete your account.

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

It's insanity really ... their desperation at this point to be a real, maintainable business means they'll sell anything they "legitimately" can ...
    "Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"When people see some things as beautiful,
    other things become ugly.
    When people see some things as good,
    other things become bad."
    Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

This is why I treat my facebook like any page on the internet - why should I expect privacy there? If I don't want it on the internet for anyone to come across, then I do not put it there.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe