• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

2D:4D Finger Ratio

Xenon

(blankpages)
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Yeah, I wondered what "feminine" or "masculine" were supposed to mean myself. Pretty vague.

Other than that, we don't do SATs here but in school I was considered quite talented in both reading/writing/languages and math/science/music. I was not at all athletic or aggressive, and I'm not lefthanded, homosexual, or on the autism spectrum.

Synapse

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Right got 1.0 - 73:73
Left got 0.98 - 72:73

I tried several times and that's what I get apparently

Bamboo

MBTI Type
XXFP
What do the researchers mean by feminine? My ratio is 1.014 which doesn't correlate to my definition of femininity.
  • The colour pink doesn't send me into girlish ecstacy.
  • Baby talk makes me want to go deaf instead of hearing it being used by two adults gushing at each other. When heard, bodily harm or painful gagging come to mind.
  • Some of my most important interests belong traditionally in the male sector.

This is where the "very feminine" came from. The list referenced in my post, was my opinion about how I don't fall in the feminine category, reliant on definition of femininity.

Well, I'd perhaps argue that everything you listed as "feminine" are cultural, rather than biological, patterns.

Throwing that out there.

Also, the theory could be wrong, or you are an exception.

I would agree that it is problematic to simply say "more masculine" or "very feminine" without defining those variables clearly.

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
This is where the "very feminine" came from. The list referenced in my post, was my opinion about how I don't fall in the feminine category, reliant on definition of femininity.
1.014 isn't "high". It's normal. (1.014 is "about 1")

Also, it would be better if people measured both hands, or right hands only since there seem to be significant discrepancies.

rav3n

I would agree that it is problematic to simply say "more masculine" or "very feminine" without defining those variables clearly.
Quickly browsing through John T. Manning's book, competitiveness and aggression appear to be pertinent.

As far as the above, when it comes to work, totally competitive and aggressive or assertive. Personal and social interactions, not so much since losing at games, sports, etc. doesn't phase me. But I do play hard unless it's with a child. Then I will throw the game in their favour.

1.014 isn't "high". It's normal. (1.014 is "about 1")

Also, it would be better if people measured both hands, or right hands only since there seem to be significant discrepancies.
Left is even higher at 1.12. I'm also a lefty but have learned to use right since it's a right world.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Left-hand ratio is 0.97

Right-hand ratio is 0.917

Yeah. I'm totally assymetric. It's actually the same with my face/head (ear placement slightly different, as is resulting jawline/shape), but not in an obvious way. Weird things happened in the womb with me. :smile::blush:

Edit: Also, same as what INA wrote below - right-handed, never had gender/identity confusion, hetero, not autistic, would have to say 'negative' to physical prowess... (lol). Was however always more drawn to maths/sciences than humanities/languages. Excelled more in math/analysis subjects on standardized tests also. Not as good at verbal & reading sections.

INA

now! in shell form
MBTI Type
intp
left: 0.92000
right: 0.92333

another exception who's not left-handed, gay, on the autism spectrum, or with particularly great physical prowess.

also not particularly aggressive, tho assertive fits.

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
left: 0.92000
right: 0.92333

another exception who's not left-handed, gay, on the autism spectrum, or with particularly great physical prowess.

also not particularly aggressive, tho assertive fits.
There's just a "higher prevalence" of those things so that doesn't make someone who isn't any of them, an exception.

forzen

MBTI Type
INTJ
Wow. That's a HUGE difference -- maybe up to 10% difference between the two?

Close,

might correlate to why I was so hyperactive and why I was in alot of fights when I was a child. However, I didn't have physical prowess since I would always imagine myself landing in the worst possible way whenever I attempt to do somersault back in the days.

Bamboo

MBTI Type
XXFP
I got fancy.

Because my palm slants, it's hard to say what my measurement is, but I came up with an approximation.

hand-1.jpg

What do you guys think? How did you measure?

freeeekyyy

Cheeseburgers
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Interesting it says women have better linguistic ability. What I've always heard is that women have better communication skills all around due to better ability at reading body language, and also had better grammar skills, but that men more often had larger vocabularies.