User Tag List

First 45678 Last

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

'round 97, I suppose that's the average for males, more or less.
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Whee I've got man fingers!

Never wrestle with a pig. You will get dirty and the pig will enjoy it.

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

My ratio is 1.0
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Merged new thread in Health & Fitness with this one that had existed in Sexuality (and since the content seemed "clean," moved it from Sexuality to Science).
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyboy View Post

My ratio is .90
    Hey! You've got "curly" fingers like me!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

That's funny... the majority of my fingers are straight, but my index finger on both hands noticeably curls/twists a bit too.

I haven't seen fingers as twisty as JB's before. I wonder what that means.

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    intp

Quote Originally Posted by Pettycure View Post
    Whee I've got man fingers!
    +1, though I'm skeptical about the supposed correlations, e.g., masculinity and poorer linguistic ability. How are they measuring these?
    hoarding time and space
    A single event can awaken within us a stranger totally unknown to us. To live is to be slowly born.
    — Antoine de Saint-Exupery

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by INA View Post
    +1, though I'm skeptical about the supposed correlations, e.g., masculinity and linguistic ability. How are they measuring these?
    Due to various research done on men/women and their typical test scores in math/spatial tests vs linguistics tests that have been ongoing for decades. I can't vouch for the validity of it, just that the research is plentiful and you can probably find a lot of it via Google.

Since men and women start from the same biological template, and the method of differentiation is sex-specific hormones (most notably, androgens for males), this means that differences in such scores cross-culture potentially reveals some sort of cognitive differentiation built on hormonal development in physical structure; and thus noting the physical impact of androgens on a developing fetus (such as in finger length) should create some sort of correlation between the physical impact of androgen levels and the cognitive impact.

MBTI
    intp

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Due to various research done on men/women and their typical test scores in math/spatial tests vs linguistics tests that have been ongoing for decades.
    If it's anything like the linguistic test I did that had a finger ratio component to it then I'm really skeptical. That one measured it by how many words you could come up with in a certain time. Noting about the structure or logic of language.
    hoarding time and space
    A single event can awaken within us a stranger totally unknown to us. To live is to be slowly born.
    — Antoine de Saint-Exupery

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by INA View Post
    If it's anything like the linguistic test I did that had a finger ratio component to it then I'm really skeptical. That one measured it by how many words you could come up with in a certain time. Noting about the structure or logic of language.
    No, I'm talking at the very least about SAT scores, but there have been more specialized tests done in those areas.

You are completely correct that the "linguistic test" on the BBC gender exam was pretty thin. It was probably the lamest test in the whole bunch; at least the spatial test did test the mental ability to spin 3d objects around accurately.