User Tag List

First 23456 Last

MBTI
    ENTP

Always depended on the teacher at school. First school, I hated biology and loved physics; was indifferent to chemistry. Second school, I was indifferent to biology, liked chemistry but still liked physics better. Third school, I hated all three. Those were the only sciences on offer in UK schools.

Never been much of a scientist. I made a thread quite a while back begging to know whether I was the only NT in the world who wasn't a science geek. But I did like the bit on cosmology and quantum physics I did as part of an intended degree a coupla years back. I'd have liked it better had it not been in a formal education type context.

Oh, wait, someone said anthropology? That's a science? Well, in that case, that one. I sorta have made it part of my career. But as for any other science, even if I liked them and was good at them, I still don't think I would, just cos there isn't much out there in the job market for that kinda thing... and what there is requires copious amounts of formal education, which I hate more than anything on earth!!
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    2w%

I can't say I have one favorite science. I can find them all pretty interesting at times, but I don't actively pursue any one. More or less I'll just come across something interesting and pursue what ever field of science is related to it then move on.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Fe/Fi 36.9/37.7
    Ne/Ni 34.9/25.8
    Se/Si 25.7/19.5
    Te/Ti 28.4/31.9
    Type: 2w% sx/sp/so

I don't want it, I just need it, to breathe, to feel, to know I'm alive.

Never take life to seriously.. No one gets out alive in the end anyway.

MBTI
    INTP

Physics, but I liked it better in ninth grade when it was easy. I remembered all the formulas without trying. Now I'm in AP and it's hard, so it's less fun.

Actually, I probably like biology better, I just don't like the way my school teaches it. Animal behavior is interesting, but I have always found cells and organ systems boring.

MBTI
    Intp
    Enneagram
    5w6
    Socionics
    ILI

If explained with enthousiasm, every science seems fascinating.
    I studied linguistics and literature, but looking back, I'd rather have studied economics, at least if it offers what I hope it can: explain the mechanisms that make the world go round I have read some posts here of people who studied economics and were disappointed in exactly this point.
    Apart from economics, I find psychology fascinating since it also brings understanding but on a more -micro- level. And of course it wouldn't make sense to be on an MBTI-forum and have no interest in psychology whatsoever.
    And yes, the idea of making it part of my career is tempting...
    Vanitas vanitatum omnia vanitas

MBTI
    Aeon
    Enneagram
    10w so
    Socionics
    LOL

Quote Originally Posted by ygolo View Post
    Which one is it?

Why are you fascinated by it?

Would you consider pursuing it as a career?
    It is hard to say. I like the theoretical side of most sciences (physics to biology in particular), but practice of certain specialities tends to bog down in mundane work. There are also certain areas of labwork that I simply won't do - in vivo lab work in particular.

I am planning on pursuing science as a career, but I have suffered several personal setbacks in that regard.

MBTI
    NiTe
    Enneagram
    5w4

Astronomy, by far. Thanks to my brother's book purchase [and Newton, but that's a long story]. It gave me a great sense of scale with respect to the workings of the world.

However, I'm in a bind over it, since I know that there's not much money to be made there Instead, I've decided to do something in chemistry, especially renewable energy projects
    “To explain all nature is too difficult a task for any one man or even for any one age. 'Tis much better to do a little with certainty, & leave the rest for others that come after you, than to explain all things by conjecture without making sure of any thing.”—Statement from unpublished notes for the Preface to the Opticks (1704) by Newton.

What do you think about me? And for the darker side, here.

MBTI
    Aeon
    Enneagram
    10w so
    Socionics
    LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Thisica View Post
    However, I'm in a bind over it, since I know that there's not much money to be made there Instead, I've decided to do something in chemistry, especially renewable energy projects
    Chemistry is not necessarily more promising with respects to salary, at least in academia, or as an industrial chemist. Entrepreneurship is a different story though.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

Oh, the discussions I've had about this one with a very snobbish INTP mathematician: "Biology just means to observe and marvel"

2. There seams to be a language barrier here.
    Science can both mean the classic natural sciences (physics, chemistry, etc.) and any academic field that
    builds and organizes knowledge in the form of testable explanations and predictions about the world
    That might depend both on the context and your mother tongue.
    see also: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Science..._and_etymology

Anyway, since I studied a pseudoscientific career called "translation science" (yeah, come on and laugh at we, will ya!), I have no indepth knowledge of any specific field an just a little bit of superficial familiarity with many.

Personal favorites are:
    - biology (especially genetics, ecology, evolution, behavior and neurology)...I'm also fascinated by animals of all shapes and sizes, I just can't get my head around the similarities and differences. Just wow, the xkcd guy holding the squid is definitely for me!
    - psychology (both traditional depth psychology - not very scientific, I know - and more modern neuropsychological approaches)
    - anthropology
    - linguistics (especially psycholinguistics and sociolinguistics)

3. Overall I love systematic, abstract and analytical approaches to something that is observable with the eye and concerns humans and their fellow creatures in their everyday actions and interaction.

I am ..
    ...neutral towards chemistry,
    ...see physics with a very sympathetic eye but was never good at it because:
    ...math doesn't like me. I have a great admiration for math though. I love its beautiful, crystal clear purity and it is even fun when it works. Not being better at it is one of my great regrets!
    The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge. Neither love without knowledge, nor knowledge without love can produce a good life. - Bertrand Russell
    A herring's blog
    Johari / Nohari

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

My main interests are mostly in the biology-neuroscience-psychology area. I have a degree in molecular biology and biotechnology.

I liked physics and math in school and did very well in these classes, but so far I haven't been interested enough to pursue them on my own. That might be changing soon, as I've watched a couple YouTube videos of Neil deGrasse Tyson and he's making me want to learn more about astrophysics.

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

Wizardology