• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

New study indicates that we ARE descended from neanderthals

Andy

Supreme High Commander
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
researchers "can get on to other things than who was having sex with who in the Pleistocene."

Perhaps they could move the debate over to the celebrety gossip columns.

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I couldn't get to the link from my work PC, I'd love to read this though.

Some of the descriptions of Neanderthals I have read point to some pretty significant differences between Cro Magnon/Neanderthal phenotypes.

However, that doesn't mean that the two types of humans were incapable of hybridization. And if that is the case, then its not too hard to imagine how difficult it would be for a cute little Cro Magnon woman to stop from being dragged off by a big, badass Neanderthal man to his "crib." :laugh: The rest is simple genetic inheritance, right?! :shock:

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
finally scientists figured that out. i have known this for years, its so obvious because some people have really strong neanderthal features that they must have mixed with homo sapiens.

i mean look at this guy for example:

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=40yJ4rZL3zw"]...[/YOUTUBE]

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
finally scientists figured that out. i have known this for years, its so obvious because some people have really strong neanderthal features that they must have mixed with homo sapiens.

[youtube="40yJ4rZL3zw"]...[/youtube]

I know some likely suspects for 4%. :yes:

:laugh:

Quinlan

Intriguing....
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
There is no doubt this guy is straight from the stone age:

sebastien-chabal.jpg

S%C3%A9bastien+Chabal.jpg

Sebastian Chabal (French rugby player)

Johnfloyd6675

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=40yJ4rZL3zw"]...[/YOUTUBE]

Say that to his face.

Someone should point out here that the conception of Neanderthals as knuckleheads is probably incorrect; my reading of the current consensus, or at least the current theme from scientists in this area, is that Neanderthal intelligence was essentially equal to that of Cro-Magnons. But I'd be very interested to hear about contemporary Neanderthal gene distribution in humans, and its phenotypic expression. I'm also open to the possibility that Neanderthals were indeed dumbasses and the scientists are just trying to make headlines by being outrageous. Time will tell.

Southern Kross

Away with the fairies
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp

sebastien-chabal.jpg

S%C3%A9bastien+Chabal.jpg

Sebastian Chabal (French rugby player)
LOL! I was going to point out Chabal!

They don't call him 'the caveman' for nothing! :D

This is a stupid revelation too. After all those years of anthopologists adamantly stating homo sapiens are ALMOST CERTAINLY NOT related to Neanderthals :rolli:

Biaxident

Charting a course
MBTI Type
INFP
This is news?

I've known for years.

I don't think males back then were much different from how some are now.

Always trying to schtup anything that moves.

Billy

Crazy Diamond
MBTI Type
INFJ
how long until that study is determined to be racist?

lowtech redneck

MBTI Type
INTP
This is news?

I've known for years.

I don't think males back then were much different from how some are now.

Always trying to schtup anything that moves.

The issue is whether fertile offspring would result, not whether males would have boinked neanderthals. ;)

Andy

Supreme High Commander
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
The issue is whether fertile offspring would result, not whether males would have boinked neanderthals. ;)

It could be that the offspring were like mules, with very low, but not zero, fertility. Only female mules have been known to reproduce.

Mole

Permabanned

It's interesting that the Chinese have the same number of Neanderthal chromosomes as Westerners.

'Neanderthal' is used pejoratively to mean heavy featured while most Chinese are fine featured.